Drone Crash.

Reaction score
I was shooting the C&TSRR Pile Driver For The Friends Of The C&TSRR and into the flight the Drone (Solo) became unstable and then lost contact with the drone. Nothing I tried did anything and the drone started down and drifting until it crashed. I cleaned it and put on new props to replace the broken ones and took it to a large clear area and tested it and it did just fine except the Gimbal was making a lot of noise. I tried another flight and it seemed to work ok except for the noise coming from the Gimbal. I am sending in the logs and also making the video available to 3DR.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry to hear you crashed, doesn't seem too bad judging from the video. Gimbals are cheap these days, not, I'm sure, that you wouldn't like to spend the money on something else.

Listening to the audio in the clip, it sounded like there was some kind of intermittent problem leading up to the final descent. What was the battery status at the time? Almost seems like it was a "land here" failsafe, as it seemed to maintain relative stability until it touched down - it didn't tumble down as one would expect if one of the motors or ESCs went.

Please keep us updated on what 3DR finds from the logs.

Reactions: Wacky roger
Sorry to hear you crashed, doesn't seem too bad judging from the video. Gimbals are cheap these days, not, I'm sure, that you wouldn't like to spend the money on something else.

Listening to the audio in the clip, it sounded like there was some kind of intermittent problem leading up to the final descent. What was the battery status at the time? Almost seems like it was a "land here" failsafe, as it seemed to maintain relative stability until it touched down - it didn't tumble down as one would expect if one of the motors or ESCs went.

Please keep us updated on what 3DR finds from the logs.

I will post any updates I get.

right but there was a firmware update out Friday or saturday
did you apply?
look at your system settings, if it does not say firmware 2.4.1-6 go to updates and click it

First response from 3DR. They said they are going to go thru the logs and will get back to me in 24 to 48 hours.

I am using 2.40

DON'T USE YOUR SOLO WITH 2.4.0. YOU ARE GUARANTEED A CRASH.

Sorry to yell, but read some other threads about the problem. I had a crash under it too, and 3DR won't let me fly until they have reviewed my logs.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Wacky roger
DON'T USE YOUR SOLO WITH 2.4.0. YOU ARE GUARANTEED A CRASH.

Sorry to yell, but read some other threads about the problem. I had a crash under it too, and 3DR won't let me fly until they have reviewed my logs.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the information.

I was shooting the C&TSRR Pile Driver For The Friends Of The C&TSRR and into the flight the Drone (Solo) became unstable and then lost contact with the drone. Nothing I tried did anything and the drone started down and drifting until it crashed. I cleaned it and put on new props to replace the broken ones and took it to a large clear area and tested it and it did just fine except the Gimbal was making a lot of noise. I tried another flight and it seemed to work ok except for the noise coming from the Gimbal. I am sending in the logs and also making the video available to 3DR.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update 09-04-16 = I sent my logs, email & video of the crash on Monday 08-29-16 to 3dr and as of today I still have no answer as to why it crashed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny