Does anyone have a proper disassembly instruction

Reaction score
I have a friend who popped his camera mount loose in a crash and he snapped it back in but assumes the HDMI cable pulled loose inside. Any links to full teardown and reassembly.

I dont think so Chris but the manual shows how to remove the shroud in front of battery which is the confusing part. From there its obvious how the battery tray unscrews and lifts out. Unplug the GPS cable and you can set it aside.

There are a few screws (I think supposed to be 4) that hold the main board in. If you remove the left rear motor pod you can pull those wires back into main body which will give you enough room to tip the board up and get under it. I honestly dont remember exactly where the HDMI cables plugs in.

I dont think so Chris but the manual shows how to remove the shroud in front of battery which is the confusing part. From there its obvious how the battery tray unscrews and lifts out. Unplug the GPS cable and you can set it aside.

There are a few screws (I think supposed to be 4) that hold the main board in. If you remove the left rear motor pod you can pull those wires back into main body which will give you enough room to tip the board up and get under it. I honestly dont remember exactly where the HDMI cables plugs in.

Thanks I sent him a copy of this post. hopefully he can get it, if not ill give it a try this weekend

I'm sure this will come across as unappreciative, but I hope the next person to disassemble their copter takes decent photos.

I'm sure this will come across as unappreciative, but I hope the next person to disassemble their copter takes decent photos.

The facebook link has better photos, but at least we get an idea of the internals. Honestly they aren't difficult to take apart. The controller is a bit more delicate with the wiring harnesses connecting boards in the top and bottom halves and the number of buttons/switches in it.

Yes. I would if I ever decided I was keeping mine. I'm just wary of the gimbal and the issues it must be having. If it's a keeper I'll certainly dive into the internals.

Reactions: tesmithp
I am working on a complete teardown video. I'll let you know when I get it done. The video is all shot, I just need to edit and put a better narration on it.

Reactions: tesmithp
I should have but this but for me it was a last ditch effort before returning my first one. One thing I dont like about these things is you really cant take them apart and put them back together too many times as the screw holes wont take it.

Great document. Thanks !

I will say my main board under battery tray had more than one screw in it. One was 1/2 out and one missing. They were different kinds of screws than the one shown. Must be some manufacturing confusion.

The battery tray screws end up holding the board in place anyway.

There are standoffs between the main board and the processor board underneath. Some of those darker screws are for that. I took all of those screws out when I replaced the WiFi card. It looks like not all of them need to come out to check the cable. I was surprised myself to see only the single screw mentioned to flip the board over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela