Do I need to install Mission Planner firmware?

I know it isn't a connection issue, but if you haven't done it, you should open up a tlog in mission planner, and "play" it back. VERY informative... At that point you can export it into xml and open it in Google Earth. That is a common denominator for many things that move in 3 dimentions :) Pretty amazing stuff

I know it isn't a connection issue, but if you haven't done it, you should open up a tlog in mission planner, and "play" it back. VERY informative...
Do what?? Lol. I've read about them but don't know how to do that yet.

When you play it back do you see an animation of Solo flying?

Do what?? Lol. I've read about them but don't know how to do that yet.

When you play it back do you see an animation of Solo flying?
Yes :) You have a birds eye view of the Solo on Google maps,, along with a PFD (Primary Flight Display) Alarms, etc. You can play/stop/speedup/down the flight. You can then click the "tuning" check box (at the bottom) and simultaneously graph ANYTHING (such as stick inputs, motor outputs, etc. etc.) while you play the flight back. At that point you can export the GPS coords to Google Earth and see the entire flight in 3 dimensions.

Yes the export to .kmz and google earth compatibility make MP just awesome. This function is most excellent. Its remarkably easy. Pull the tlog, export the .kmz, and open in google earth. You can do much more than this as mentioned. But yeah, totally kick butt.

Yes the export to .kmz and google earth compatibility make MP just awesome. This function is most excellent. Its remarkably easy. Pull the tlog, export the .kmz, and open in google earth. You can do much more than this as mentioned. But yeah, totally kick butt.
English please, lol! How do you pull the log & export, etc.?

Yes :) You have a birds eye view of the Solo on Google maps,, along with a PFD (Primary Flight Display) Alarms, etc. You can play/stop/speedup/down the flight. You can then click the "tuning" check box (at the bottom) and simultaneously graph ANYTHING (such as stick inputs, motor outputs, etc. etc.) while you play the flight back. At that point you can export the GPS coords to Google Earth and see the entire flight in 3 dimensions.
Very cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44