DJI propellers on a Solo: Won't fit

Reaction score
Since I have a DJI power system on my home built quad, I decided to try see if the props will fit the Solo (and vice versa).

This may have been already reported, but I thought I'd try it myself.

I tried DJI 9443 'self tightening' props that fit the DJI E300 power system with their 2212/920KV motors.

In short, the DJI 'self tightening E300' props won't fit on the Solo motors at all, mainly because the diameter of the motor shaft on the Solo motors are too large a diameter (about 8.5 mm) to allow the DJI props (about 8 mm) to fit on the Solo. I suppose one could drill out the DJI prop hubs a bit, but I wouldn't try this.

The Solo props will 'sort' of fit on the DJI E300 motors, but I wouldn't try to use them on the DJI motors because the shaft is too loose of a fit properly onto the DJI motors.

I have mixed feelings about this. In one sense, it would be nice if the Solo and DJI could use interchangeable props, as this would allow manufacturers to make after market props for both birds easily and this would allow for a larger market that both could enjoy.

But then again, this would only cause a lot of problems with people using sub-standard props that were not designed for the Solo. So perhaps it will cause less support headaches for the Solo support team if you can't use DJI props on the Solo.

I did find it interesting that the prop color coding (black / silver) scheme used by Solo was the same as DJI in regards to propeller direction and screw thread direction and thread pitch. The props seemed to be about the same pitch, but the Solo props are of a slightly larger diameter (Solo 290 mm vs DJI 240 mm).

Reactions: Lonewulph
It would be great if the industry standardized on props across the board, even for the bigger birds. I like that idea a lot.

Having said d that, you can usually find spacers to fit some props and there are already a lot of third party props available. It's a hassle to deal with though, so I like your idea.

I switched out my stock Iris+ props for some 10x47s and got a lot more lift and longer flight times at high altitudes (up in the mountains). I assume I will be doing something similar with the Solo at some point.

Hmm...can't confirm or deny about the props fitting or not, but on another Solo site, people are saying that the DJI balancing rod for Phantom 2 Vision, + etc, will fit the Solo props for balancing purposes. Doesn't make sense that the balance rod will screw into both the DJI AND the Solo, but then the props won't interchange???? Again, I have neither a DJI bird, OR a balance rod, so can not confirm if this is all true...but it IS being stated that it does work.

The threads are the same, but there is a shoulder on the shorter shaft of the Solo. I am going to modify some CF props for the DJI to see if they will work.

The threads are the same, but there is a shoulder on the shorter shaft of the Solo. I am going to modify some CF props for the DJI to see if they will work.
Ok, but the OP stated that the diameter was different...nothing about a "shoulder" being the issue. I have a balance rod on its way to me, so maybe it will all make better sense once I get it, but probably not as I have ZERO DJI products.

Since I have a DJI power system on my home built quad, I decided to try see if the props will fit the Solo (and vice versa).

This may have been already reported, but I thought I'd try it myself.

I tried DJI 9443 'self tightening' props that fit the DJI E300 power system with their 2212/920KV motors.

In short, the DJI 'self tightening E300' props won't fit on the Solo motors at all, mainly because the diameter of the motor shaft on the Solo motors are too large a diameter (about 8.5 mm) to allow the DJI props (about 8 mm) to fit on the Solo. I suppose one could drill out the DJI prop hubs a bit, but I wouldn't try this.

The Solo props will 'sort' of fit on the DJI E300 motors, but I wouldn't try to use them on the DJI motors because the shaft is too loose of a fit properly onto the DJI motors.

I have mixed feelings about this. In one sense, it would be nice if the Solo and DJI could use interchangeable props, as this would allow manufacturers to make after market props for both birds easily and this would allow for a larger market that both could enjoy.

But then again, this would only cause a lot of problems with people using sub-standard props that were not designed for the Solo. So perhaps it will cause less support headaches for the Solo support team if you can't use DJI props on the Solo.

I did find it interesting that the prop color coding (black / silver) scheme used by Solo was the same as DJI in regards to propeller direction and screw thread direction and thread pitch. The props seemed to be about the same pitch, but the Solo props are of a slightly larger diameter (Solo 290 mm vs DJI 240 mm).
Did you realy think the props would be interchangeable?

No, I didn't think the props would be interchangeable. LOL

As to the prop balancing shaft, it should fit as the threads are the same. The shaft diameter was of the motor collar, lower down close to the motor, not the thread diameter.

I didn't measure this with a caliper, I just eyeballed it using a metric ruler, so the exact diameter could be wrong. But it doesn't change the outcome, the DJI props won't fit on a Solo and I wouldn't try to fly Solo props on a DJI motor.

Will 3dr Iris props fit on a Solo?

I know they are not as long as stock propellers, but is the thread size on the motor shafts the same?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421