DJI Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
DJI 3 Advanced Drone

I am fairy new to this drone thing and have two questions please:-

1) Would you guys recommend using prop guards

2) I have mastered a hand catch as sometimes the drone would seem to want to tilt over even on a flat surface on either a manual land (non csc) or auto land. Is it OK to do a hand catch also on auto land mode.

Please ask your question here in the P3A section --> DJI Phantom Drone Forum

1) No, I don't personally recommend them.
2) I would not attempt to hand catch it while it is in motion. You could stop the auto land function and only then hand catch it. I do not use auto take off or land... I move mine into position and carefully reach out to it, firmly grip the landing gear with my right hand without moving the quad, then I push the left stick down & in with my left hand till the props stop. Only then do you move it from the position you first grabbed it in. If you move it while the props are in motion it will try to keep itself in place and it will fight you... very unsafe. I also only do this while wearing eye protection.

Please ask your question here in the P3A section --> DJI Phantom Drone Forum

1) No, I don't personally recommend them.
2) I would not attempt to hand catch it while it is in motion. You could stop the auto land function and only then hand catch it. I do not use auto take off or land... I move mine into position and carefully reach out to it, firmly grip the landing gear with my right hand without moving the quad, then I push the left stick down & in with my left hand till the props stop. Only then do you move it from the position you first grabbed it in. If you move it while the props are in motion it will try to keep itself in place and it will fight you... very unsafe. I also only do this while wearing eye protection.

Thanks very much. The Phantom 3 Advanced wobbles quite a bit on landing in no wind conditions - hence I think a hand catch would stop any prob damage if it tilted over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986