DIY Multi Battery Charger

And I'm over here like "I can duct tape one of these into a cereal box with some wires hanging out..."

Glad to help you out there, Grant :) "my design" lol. ok. Where did you find out about the Yeeco's? Who told you it was possible and gave you the link to them when others were saying it wouldn't work? Funny how you use "Steve" as the example on how people should be naming their design different than yours. I'll name my charger that I've been researching (and you've greatly benefited from those 2 months of testing and research) how I want, thanks. Not that I would have used that name anyway. All you've done is took exactly what I've done and said you came up with it. Brilliant. Anyone can go look at the timeline here and on the facebook groups...

Glad to help you out there, Grant :) "my design" lol. ok. Where did you find out about the Yeeco's? Who told you it was possible and gave you the link to them when others were saying it wouldn't work? Funny how you use "Steve" as the example on how people should be naming their design different than yours. I'll name my charger that I've been researching (and you've greatly benefited from those 2 months of testing and research) how I want, thanks. Not that I would have used that name anyway. All you've done is took exactly what I've done and said you came up with it. Brilliant. Anyone can go look at the timeline here and on the facebook groups...
That guy sounds like a real low-life, taking credit for your work.:mad:

When I build my version, I'm going to call it "The ugly cheap version of Steve's really nice charger that Grant Conery copied" and see if I can get some donations as well :)

If you don't have a multimeter or don't want to go through the hassle you can buy a step up converter that has a voltmeter/ammeter built in for about $10 more. There's one linked in the first post "digital step up booster". It's a lot easier to set up and more like a traditional lipo charger where you just input the volts/amps and it shows on a display.

@divemasterphil Thanks for saving me the time on all of these write ups lol. I was planning on detailed writeups after my project was complete. I've been working on this for about 2 months now and have tested many different components and then re-bayed some of the ones I didn't end up using.

These cheap Chinese made boost converters leave a lot to be desired and are all over the place as far as build quality, quality of components used, solder quality, etc. I'd carefully inspect any board used before plugging it in. I received one with a cold solder joints around the transformer coil. I had another one go sparky after about an hour of use. Not good. Buy extra and test thoroughly before leaving unattended. Also, these things get burning hot and a fan is really needed if using above like 4 Amps. It will burn.

@PdxSteve , what did you use to put load on the converter to test the current? I'm hesitating to hook up to a battery for the load to test/set current.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea