Dispatched the 3DR BACKPACK ON A PLANE!

Reaction score
Could I dispatch my 3DR backpack as a normal suitcase on the plane or do I have to carry it as carry-on luggage? I'm afraid of damaging the drone if it's dispatched like a normal suitcase.

I don't think the 3DR backpack is strong enough to withstand check-in luggage abuse. I've always carried mine as a carry-on with no TSA issues. You would want something like a Pelican hard case for check-in.

Reactions: froylgvb
take it as carry on. I've transported one inside a hardcase suitcase, but it was a backup unit and the case was also well packed out with clothes and padding

I took my backpack to France as carry on beginning of April. Both ways it got opened hand inspected. US side they used some kind of hand scanner, France side they simply asked what it was. As Pyrate says: at a minimum you must carry on the batteries, these are not allowed in checked luggage.

I took my backpack to France as carry on beginning of April. Both ways it got opened hand inspected. US side they used some kind of hand scanner, France side they simply asked what it was. As Pyrate says: at a minimum you must carry on the batteries, these are not allowed in checked luggage.

Thank you for the information!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40