Did I just cook my solo?

Reaction score
I went 4wding, planned to put the solo in the air but changed mind halfway through. 6 hours later I opened the bag to find out I had left a battery in and on.

The gimbal motors were scorching to the touch as I had the foam block in. Battery not far from melt down no doubt.

One hour later after it cooled down I started it up to see if I had ruin ed my favorite Drone.

Believe it or not there is no discernable damage as the gimbal operates smoothly.

Going to do 3-4 full test flights to make sure.

Since the gimbal motors are brushless, as long as the insulation on the windings didn't melt, they should be ok. Didn't do them any favors, but if it's still working, you should be good.

As for the battery, just be real careful with it and NEVER let it charge unattended. When you drain LiPo batteries too much or too fast, they can puff up. If they get too bad, they can catch on fire. I'm not saying to trash it, but just keep a close eye on it. If you have multiple batteries, you might want to mark that one do you can distinguish which has a potentially shorter lift span.

Reactions: nightram
Don't worry, all over it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Test flew today in 20km wind (always visual). Batteries lasted 13 mins to 20%. Zero vibration or jello even at 4k.

I think it's all good, just will cycle the batteries a few more times for confidence.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I recently drained a battery to 2%. Now gets about 3 minutes of flight time. Never use that one again.
Any suggestions on what to do with a bad battery?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso