deleted

Not finding any discussion on the "V4" antennas on here anywhere.

How are these V2 FPVLR antennas (SOLO V.2 Long Range Kit 10.5dBi - FPVLR)

different than these supposedly V4 ones? https://www.amazon.com/2017-REXUAV-...qid=1484673705&sr=8-1&keywords=3dr+solo+fpvlr
The difference is the brand. The V2's are made by FPVLR which I believe is the first company to release this model (the Original), & the V4's obviously REXUAV. I've owned the FPVLR for over a year. It appears the quality of the design is much better for FPVLR. They use copper plates instead of acrylic that REXAUV uses instead.

It's hard to say with so few reviews. That said, it's not rocket science either. So as long as it isn't substandard construction, it will probably work nicely.

Reactions: spartaHawk
it's not rocket science either.

Makes me wonder how cheap it would be to make your own home-made copy cat of the long-range antennas. I suppose it's a matter of sourcing the right materials and shaping them correctly.

Waiting for this to arrive
Apparently it was released at CES 2017 uses Silver over the previous copper versions

REXUAV | HOME

Waiting for this to arrive
Apparently it was released at CES 2017 uses Silver over the previous copper versions

REXUAV | HOME

Please post and update when you get this. If you don't mind test the range with just the antennas first then with the amps. Curious if silver really extends the rage or gives better penetration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do my friend has a stock one i will test that range
So far i have installed the Microtiks on both solo and controller and maxed out at 530 m distance and 129 m altitude before controller lost signal

Ive also snapped my ufl antenna wire from the wifi card, Ive been looking for a replacement.
Does anyone know if this will work?
Ours have to be right hand polarised 2.4ghz correct?
FrSKY 15cm receiver antenna (2pcs) - UFL connector
Someone is using a mad mushroom with a uFL to SMA connector
Solo Antenna Mods
- might try this setup as well.
Wondering if you could use 2 mad mushrooms?
Anyone know if the uFL connector on the wifi card is male or female, or the anttena wire for that matter?
cheers

Last edited:
Just a guess, but I believe the Frsky version you have the link for above, is the same connector that is on the wi-fi cards. Some Frsky receivers actually come with 2 different antennas, 1 pair of stick type, and one set of just the wire, like above.

Just a guess, but I believe the Frsky version you have the link for above, is the same connector that is on the wi-fi cards. Some Frsky receivers actually come with 2 different antennas, 1 pair of stick type, and one set of just the wire, like above.
Thanks Frank so you think they will be ok?
Or i have found these
http://au.mouser.com/Search/Product...430virtualkey65480000virtualkey620-66089-2430

Anyone know if this will work well?
VAS - 2.3/2.4 GHz Sky Hammer Antenna RHCP [SH-2400] - $54.95 : Ready Made RC LLC, The Leader in All Things FPV, RC, and Beyond

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela