Crashed Solo for parts

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently had an issue with Solo that I don't fully understand and kinda destroyed the poor thing. Support wasn't any help so I am selling--either the whole thing or just parts of it. The battery is broken but I am willing to sell it if you want it for some reason.

In the crash, the gimbal was destroyed and the bits that connect the GPS board to the main PCB were sheared off. In addition, the headers are also sheared off of the GPS board. Interestingly, it still flies. However, it is no longer going to cut it for me and without GPS it won't be useful to most of you. However, there are a lot of perfectly functional spare parts for sale!

For sale:

1x controller -- SD epoxied into place and like new [$200]
1x battery -- shell cracked (wouldn't recommend using this) [$15 or free if you buy other stuff]
1x gimbal -- very broken [$10 or free if you buy other stuff]
2x cw motor pods -- like new [$35 each]
2x ccw motor pods -- like new [$35 each]
1x solo body and board -- problems as above and the shell is cracked in two places but I don't think it's structurally threatening [$200]
1x controller charger [$15]

Let me know if you have any questions and when I have a minute I'll throw up some pictures.

In the LA area FYI in case you want to see this stuff in person.

Motors wear out and will eventually need to be replaced, which is why they made them so easy to replace but at $60/ea. You could also burn one or more out during a crash. I'd hold on to them as well. The manual recommends replacing them at 150 hours.

Oh, that's good. I'm glad you are not giving up.

I'd keep it all. You have an entire spares kit then.

Good luck this time around

Oh, that's good. I'm glad you are not giving up.

I'd keep it all. You have an entire spares kit then.

Good luck this time around

There won't be a second time around if I don't sell this stuff. :/

Hi all,

Recently had an issue with Solo that I don't fully understand and kinda destroyed the poor thing. Support wasn't any help so I am selling--either the whole thing or just parts of it. The battery is broken but I am willing to sell it if you want it for some reason.

In the crash, the gimbal was destroyed and the bits that connect the GPS board to the main PCB were sheared off. In addition, the headers are also sheared off of the GPS board. Interestingly, it still flies. However, it is no longer going to cut it for me and without GPS it won't be useful to most of you. However, there are a lot of perfectly functional spare parts for sale!

For sale:

1x battery -- shell cracked (wouldn't recommend using this) [$15 or free if you buy other stuff]
1x solo body and board -- problems as above and the shell is cracked in two places but I don't think it's structurally threatening [$200]

Let me know if you have any questions and when I have a minute I'll throw up some pictures.

I'll take one of the motors !!

Hi all,

For sale:

When and where ?

@Roll-o_solo_bolo: Either PM or text me so we can figure out shipping and stuff (6267227772).

Basically I was flying around at a field and the throttle got kinda stuck? Maybe the pause button too? Tried some antics to get down and they failed and I had a hard (but upright) crash.

Hi all,

For sale:

Hi, might you be willing to sell the plastic light protectors? I lost one but would be happy to buy what you have? I'm in Orange County, CA.

Sorry about your crash. These are a bit more difficult than the videos depict.

Yeah I'd be happy to. I think I still have all four plus whatever else you might need

Hi, I'm Bob Chesney at [email protected] 949.378.5134 I can send you a PayPal for the amount plus shipping or I can pick them up on Monday night as I'm flying out of LAX. Do you have any batteries?

@Bob Chesney I texted you but I haven't received any response.
Texts aren't always the best way to reach folks. I personally hate texts and never even hear my cell phone text alert - unlike an actual unrelenting phone 'ring' that I have set to ring 10 times before going to VM. Of course, I often don't hear either alert or ring as I have a hearing loss.

Regardless, that number Bob posted may be a landline, incapable of texts.

SARDG: Again my thanks for the tip. I had left my phone in the car but I reached aidanlou and he's agreed to sell me his light covers. I'm buying all four so I should be set for a long time. Thanks to another wonderful member Joe Horn, I'm up and shooting some amazing footage. What a wonderful community of great and generous people.

Reactions: Solo Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc