"Crash Detected" in clear air, then it did crash...

Reaction score
I was looking through the forum but haven't seen any posts like this. Anyone else read about this...

Today I was flying the last of a series of three flights, Solo stopped responding and I looked down at the phone app and it displayed "Crash Detected" or something along those lines. At about 120-150 ft agl, all motors had stopped and the drone dropped out of the sky. I had over 50% battery, have never experienced a lost connection and probably had about 12 satellites. It was a cloudless, sunny day with a slight breeze. On the way down she turned upside down, which probably helped dampen the fall as the props were whirring pretty good from the airflow. She's not in good shape. I had the gimbal and Hero4 Silver hooked up (unfortunately wasn't recording when this happened). My Hero4 was ejected and sustained some damage too.

After the "Crash Detected", the app asked if I wanted to submit a trouble ticket. I've already reported the crash and the app sent logs to 3DR.

I am guessing either a bug in the s/w or a sensor issue?

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I was looking through the forum but haven't seen any posts like this. Anyone else read about this...

Today I was flying the last of a series of three flights, Solo stopped responding and I looked down at the phone app and it displayed "Crash Detected" or something along those lines. At about 120-150 ft agl, all motors had stopped and the drone dropped out of the sky. I had over 50% battery, have never experienced a lost connection and probably had about 12 satellites. It was a cloudless, sunny day with a slight breeze. On the way down she turned upside down, which probably helped dampen the fall as the props were whirring pretty good from the airflow. She's not in good shape. I had the gimbal and Hero4 Silver hooked up (unfortunately wasn't recording when this happened). My Hero4 was ejected and sustained some damage too.

After the "Crash Detected", the app asked if I wanted to submit a trouble ticket. I've already reported the crash and the app sent logs to 3DR.

I am guessing either a bug in the s/w or a sensor issue?

Hate to hear that, check my thread "Solo crashed HARD - keep your eye on battery level". I had similar thing happen to mine, my Solo and Gimbal are toast. I would say you had a controller failure or some other type of hardware failure? My GoPro H4 Silver also got ejected but somehow survived. Solo and Controller already being sent back to 3DR under RMA. Make sure you send a support ticket email and CALL 3DR technical support right away. Just sending a ticket is not enough to expedite receiving an RMA. Hope is works out for you, let us know.

I experienced a crash detected prior to the crash which was attributed to motor pod number three failing in flight. 3DR covered everything. Unbelievable customer service!

Reactions: Killboy
My 3DR Iris+ did the same thing on it's maiden flight. About 3 minutes into the flight, all motors stopped and it plummeted 125 feet to the ground, destroying the body, the legs, all but the motherboard. Sent the logs to 3DR who determined it was an ESC failure and they sent a new Iris+ to me within days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44