Crash #2

By the way, Cyberblitz was correct, 3DR came too the same conclusion, it was one motor that failed so all motors stopped. It seems that all the motors are connected so if one dies they all die. I have been told they will be replacing it with a factory refurbished unit, so that means I will be flying someone else's problem.
That's impossible: each motor is independent of each other (with each having thier own ESC), meaning if one failed the others would still spin. With you it was different; there was a complete power failure every where, including the main computer which explains the sudden and abrupt end to the logs. Why, I don't know. At least they will provide a replacement.

Reactions: SARDG
3DR had one of the most outstanding drone warranties ever! Bar none end of disucssion
Next to DJI destabilizing the market with price drops purposely to drive out competition and some misteps by 3DR
People abusing the genorous warranty helped 3DR say the heck with the consumer market and walk away
Look at how many people are bitching about not getting an additional 25% off of 35 dollar batteries
Sorry folks you have no one to blame but yourselves on that one.

I understand the warranty was for gopro replacement, But please stop ignoring the very real cold hard fact. Those cameras are not made anymore.
Dont know why you were not able to get them to send you something in place of the camera. I have heard several people have success with that, quite recently

I have been told they will be replacing it with a factory refurbished unit, so that means I will be flying someone else's problem.
No, you'll be flying a calibrated and double-checked quad that has been personally tested/flown by them and known for sure to work. There should be less problems with a refurb than something sitting in a box for over a year and a half, which is when they were manufactured.

By the way, Cyberblitz was correct, 3DR came too the same conclusion, it was one motor that failed so all motors stopped. It seems that all the motors are connected so if one dies they all die. I have been told they will be replacing it with a factory refurbished unit, so that means I will be flying someone else's problem.
I had my Solo replaced because of an electrical problem some time ago. Received a "refurbished" unit that has been golden ever since.

But I do wonder, with all that were built but not sold, why 3DR doesn't replace with new ones now. Maybe somebody else besides Best Buy owns them all.

...one motor that failed so all motors stopped. It seems that all the motors are connected so if one dies they all die...
Sounds like a Christmas tree to me... :rolleyes: But it wouldn't matter much if one died or they all die as Solo isn't going to fly on any less than 4 motors.

It won't?
Is that a question, MD? Mind you, I haven't tried Solo 3-motor flight, but it's been discussed on here by users of single-failed motors and by Kelly Schrock when someone (as I remember) asked him to update his app to allow this. Tricopters, designed as tricopters can do it, presumably helped by not only appropriate motor control, but equidistant placement of the motors. Don't know, but perhaps hexacopters could fly with 3 motors as well.

Is that a question, MD? Mind you, I haven't tried Solo 3-motor flight, but it's been discussed on here by users of single-failed motors and by Kelly Schrock when someone (as I remember) asked him to update his app to allow this. Tricopters, designed as tricopters can do it, presumably helped by not only appropriate motor control, but equidistant placement of the motors. Don't know, but perhaps hexacopters could fly with 3 motors as well.
Just messin' wit cha!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea