Could I get a refresher course please?

Reaction score
I had a bad Friday flight.

Preflight as usual. I'm running a new iPad that has one generation back on software.

I put the solo down on flat land

Let the Solo, controller and iPad link up, and wait for satellites.

It wanted 14 before it said ready to fly.

I pushed the fly button to start the engines. That was normal looking and sounding.

Pushed fly again to get it to take off. It went to 10 feet, then headed backwards and out of control. Nothing I did including trying manual control would give me anything. Mind you I had a few seconds.

It parked itself in a tree, and then the ground. Nothing appears broken.

How do I send my flight log to 3DR. I'm assuming I did this, but would like some help understanding what to fix. How do I get a copy of the log for you learned gentlemen to tell me what I did?

Thanks

Looks like another victim of the maligned 2.4 timing bug. Literally a day late. A firmware update was released Friday evening (2.4.1-6) which removed the bug.

Use the support function in the app to open the ticket. It will go through the process of downloading the logs from the controller and send them to 3DR. Then, I suggest contacting 3DR via chat on the website in the morning to speed up the process and verify they received it.

Reactions: cameraguy
Looks like another victim of the maligned 2.4 timing bug. Literally a day late. A firmware update was released Friday evening (2.4.1-6) which removed the bug.

Use the support function in the app to open the ticket. It will go through the process of downloading the logs from the controller and send them to 3DR. Then, I suggest contacting 3DR via chat on the website in the morning to speed up the process and verify they received it.

Thanks very much P2P.
So.... if I didn't fly Friday, this wouldn't have happened? Did I do something wrong?

No, you probably didn't do anything wrong. And there's no reason you could have known about to not fly. The firmware update was released Friday evening. So Saturday morning, you would have gotten an update notification when started the app.

My Solo was purchased in March I believe. Is there a chance of compensation if something internal is damaged? There is some prop damage, and some scuffs and scrapes on the body, no big thing.

Should I do the upgrade, and test it?

The update notification specifically says do not fly until you update, so absolutely you need to do the firmware update before flying again. If the solo is inoperable or the gimbal is damaged, the situation that causes this is a warranty claim that they will cover. They can tell from the logs. But if your only damage is props, I don't believe they give those away.

I didn't have have that notification, but I did the upgrade, and checked it looks up to date

Thanks

That notification was on the forum and facebook groups. Posted Friday night and Saturday morning. Nothing you would have seen in the app or by any other means. The would just prompt you that an update is available. So as long as you're on FW 2.4.1-6 now, you're good. Try and fly, see if anything is broke.

So, P2P, I took it apart, all looks fine. Sent the log to 3DR.

Did the software update, and did a chat with 3DR. They have yet to review my log, and specifically said no flying until they had reviewed everything.

Only thing wrong..... The battery will not fit with the prongs on the Solo. Seems like it is bent somehow.

If it's there fault, I'd like a new battery and props. Looks like I'll put prop guards on before the next flight

Thanks very much P2P.
So.... if I didn't fly Friday, this wouldn't have happened? Did I do something wrong?
I flew on 2.4 over 20 flights, never a probelm.
Update immediately to 2.4.1-6, again no problems, but better over all performance. GPS, Hover, Shots....
That bug only bit (2) people, that's what 3DR claims"
It's definitely possible "bug bit ya" but most likely you have another probelm "statistically speaking"
Don't mean to confuse, but just my thoughts o your questions

Only thing wrong..... The battery will not fit with the prongs on the Solo. Seems like it is bent somehow.

The plastic bracket with the battery terminals attached is clipped down to the main board. If you open up and remove the battery tray, you'll see exactly what's going on. It was probably knocked loose in the crash. It is easily snapped back into place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny