Cost of Drone Ownership

Reaction score
Just when you thought that the cost of owning a Drone ends with the investment you put on it, you better be thinking twice. Now say I bought an airdog drone that costs $1,600 if this site is telling me the truth. Here comes more cost. Well according to this site you can get fined up to $1,100 for operating your unmanned aerial system (UAS) for business purposes without FAA approval. And if you do decided to get certified there is this testing fee usually around $150. The testing is requirement so you are eligible to be certified and that one costs another –well it does not mention how much. But in the end that would be good instead of paying fines. What do you think are other related costs?

Well, if you DON'T register your drone: The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years. So let's make sure we add THAT $5 fee!!!

Also, test prep is around $100 and up.
There's batteries, maintenance (mine is 3 months old and already I have spent... oh nevermind)

Who are we kidding? You get addicted to this hobby, just hand over your wallet.

Reactions: Chuck and SARDG
urge the temptation to build if you want to save your wallet.
I remember when I got into aquariums, and thought man that's a lot of money for a glass tank and stand.
that is just the start of it. Now add pumps, skimmers, lights, livestock
LOL
all hobbies are like that, we will not get into muscle cars or scuba diving

Reactions: Chuck
I have been the aquarium route too, pyrate. Now that can get expensive. Especially saltwater. As for building my own, that would be a disaster. I have never been good with model anythings as far as building. My first rc plane took me over a year to build with the help of a neighbor, and then on my first landing, I shredded it through a barbed wire fence. It was one of those "ouch" moments for sure.

urge the temptation to build if you want to save your wallet.
I remember when I got into aquariums, and thought man that's a lot of money for a glass tank and stand.
that is just the start of it. Now add pumps, skimmers, lights, livestock
LOL
all hobbies are like that, we will not get into muscle cars or scuba diving
I'm seriously toying with building a hex or an x-8. Tarot has some nice frames and with the PX2 out, there are lots of options. As a kid, I'd save my money, buy a Heath Kit and try to assemble. Nothing ever worked lol. Soldering skills are not on point! So that's giving me pause.

I have been the aquarium route too, pyrate. Now that can get expensive. Especially saltwater. As for building my own, that would be a disaster. I have never been good with model anythings as far as building. My first rc plane took me over a year to build with the help of a neighbor, and then on my first landing, I shredded it through a barbed wire fence. It was one of those "ouch" moments for sure.

Well multirotors are easy
remember lst year I knew absoulutley nothing about RC anything.
It took me a year but I have a big ol X8 now.
its waiting on a PH2 and companion computer, but it flys now with PH1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle