Controller won't charge

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem with charging the controller? Mine is dead after my first flight and will not charge. I had it plugged in for 3 hours prior to my first flight but it obviously didn't charge because the battery showed low power while flying. After the first flight I plugged everything in to recharge but the controller, after 24 hours, still had too low battery to let me fly. I tested the charger-to-controller plug and it reads 8.3 volts just like it should. But the controller doesn't show any indication on screen that it is connected or charging and it doesn't charge.

So after one short flight my Solo is dead and useless until I can find a solution. Very disappointing after spending $1000 and waiting 3 months for delivery. Trying to decide if I should box it up, send it back to B&H for a refund and cancel my order for the gimbal and extra batts.

Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

Is anyone else having a problem with charging the controller? Mine is dead after my first flight and will not charge. I had it plugged in for 3 hours prior to my first flight but it obviously didn't charge because the battery showed low power while flying. After the first flight I plugged everything in to recharge but the controller, after 24 hours, still had too low battery to let me fly. I tested the charger-to-controller plug and it reads 8.3 volts just like it should. But the controller doesn't show any indication on screen that it is connected or charging and it doesn't charge.

So after one short flight my Solo is dead and useless until I can find a solution. Very disappointing after spending $1000 and waiting 3 months for delivery. Trying to decide if I should box it up, send it back to B&H for a refund and cancel my order for the gimbal and extra batts.

I don't think anyone has had this problem. Contacting 3DR should be the next step. Good luck.

I submitted a support ticket but haven't heard back from 3DR. I did see that member
Searchr151 over in the Solo Discussion forum had the same issue but I don't see any resolution to the problem in that thread.

I had the same problem with the controller. It only shows "charger conected" but won't charges.

A few of us had dead chargers in the first batch of Solo's, perhaps there are still a few getting through.

If you have a volt meter handy check the voltage your charger is providing, in my case it was around 3V or so and very unstable.

Also with the charger plugged into the controller you should be able to tap the power button on the controller and see the battery bar showing that charging is taking place.

Open a ticket for sure though as Vu has requested.

Reactions: 3dr.80

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela