Controller Issue : No WIFI signal + stuck at "wating for solo" status

Reaction score
Hello, i am really desperate so i write this thread hoping to get some help from guys.

I did flied my SOLO just few days ago and it worked really well, no crash / hard landing and after fly, i packed things neatly into backpack.

And today, it suddenly doesn't work at all. What i did out of normal procedure was that i had changed antenna for controller before turn it on (stock antenna → patch antenna).

Symptoms are as following :

1. No WIFI signal from controller

2. Controller is stuck at "waiting for solo" status

3. I cannot factory-reset the controller and SOLO itself

And what i tried to solve this problem based on FAQ and other suggestions on this forum :

1. Removed battery from controller : Not working

: I can clearly see 3 leds(green - orange - red / all of them are not flickering) through backside of controller -> sorry orange is flickering (good status)

2. Tried to factory-reset : Failed

: pressed [power + fly] button simultaniously so many times and it just boot up as normal (and stuck at that stage)

3. De-assembled controller and checked status of SDcard inside of it

: SDcard was attached so firmly and glue was not damaged at all
: Besides, i checked wifi card also and couldn't find any physical damages.

Local vendor (i live in korea) said it is problem of wifi card and replacing it would solve the problem.

Is it true? because if it worth a shot, i would like to try that method.. (i mean 'upgrage' the card)

and he also suggested to let it stand over 24 hours without battery. (he said sometimes it helps)

Any help is welcome :)

Last edited:
I would switch back to the stock antennas first. Make sure the antenna connections are in good shape. If you used the wrong replacement antennas you could have damaged the connector. Solo uses RP-SMA connections on the controller.
From what you described I don't think it is anything serious.
If switching back to stock antennas doesn't fix your issue, the next step I recommend is to open up the controller and re-seat the small SD card. Many folks have been able to fix issues similar to yours by doing just that.

I would switch back to the stock antennas first. Make sure the antenna connections are in good shape. If you used the wrong replacement antennas you could have damaged the connector. Solo uses RP-SMA connections on the controller.
From what you described I don't think it is anything serious.
If switching back to stock antennas doesn't fix your issue, the next step I recommend is to open up the controller and re-seat the small SD card. Many folks have been able to fix issues similar to yours by doing just that.
Thank you for reply, my controller suddenly came back to life (actually, after lots of try i succeeded to factory reset it)
And SOLO got able to do factory-reset again.

Problem solved :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea