Controler and reset issues Help me please

Reaction score
Ok THis Is my second solo in two weeks I just got a new one and the I can't get a wifi signal from the controler. the app says up to date but the transmiter says preflight update needed. I havre tried every thing I can think of. The other issue is I cant do a factory reset on the drone and the gimble is limp when powered on. I am new to all this but I can't believe I am have so much bad luck with this product if anyone can help me I would appreciate it so very much.

If you go into WiFi settings on your phone, do you see the controller?

Did you download the update via Internet?

What color are the four pod lights on Solo?

What color is the light on the gimbal?

This will give you an indication of where to start..

If you go into WiFi settings on your phone, do you see the controller?

Did you download the update via Internet?

What color are the four pod lights on Solo?

What color is the light on the gimbal?

This will give you an indication
I did the update with my home wifi the light on the Drone are front blue back red and the gimbal is green I

So your saying, you can't see the controller in your WiFi settings. You've never been able to log the controller into the phone app using the password.

I don't have a good answer.

after having great difficulty getting past preflight update screen and performing factory reset this is procedure that got me in the air,

1- Power off the units and close the Solo app
2- Perform a factory reset to the Solo and controller, make sure the orange light underneath the Solo blinks faster during the reset process.
- Factory Reset | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
3- Once the units are reset connect to the Sololink but do not open the Solo app
4- Make sure the Orange light underneath the Solo is blinking slowly, if so, please perform the following:
- Please, press the pair button for 1 sec and look at the controller screen for the "detected new Solo" message
Once you see the message "detected new Solo perform the following: Press A, then B and hold both buttons down. Once the Controller vibrates, you can let go. Within 20 seconds, the Controller will show “Solo Paired."
5- Once the Solo and controller are paired, please, confirm the orange light underneath the Solo is solid now
6- Open the Solo app >> settings >> updates >> start the update
7 Once the update process finishes, please, restart the Solo app

following ALL these steps exactly worked for me, all good now.
hope this helps the next pilot with preflight update issues .
Cheers and thanks for the input!!

after having great difficulty getting past preflight update screen and performing factory reset this is procedure that got me in the air,

1- Power off the units and close the Solo app
2- Perform a factory reset to the Solo and controller, make sure the orange light underneath the Solo blinks faster during the reset process.
- Factory Reset | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
3- Once the units are reset connect to the Sololink but do not open the Solo app
4- Make sure the Orange light underneath the Solo is blinking slowly, if so, please perform the following:
- Please, press the pair button for 1 sec and look at the controller screen for the "detected new Solo" message
Once you see the message "detected new Solo perform the following: Press A, then B and hold both buttons down. Once the Controller vibrates, you can let go. Within 20 seconds, the Controller will show “Solo Paired."
5- Once the Solo and controller are paired, please, confirm the orange light underneath the Solo is solid now
6- Open the Solo app >> settings >> updates >> start the update
7 Once the update process finishes, please, restart the Solo app

following ALL these steps exactly worked for me, all good now.
hope this helps the next pilot with preflight update issues .
Cheers and thanks for the input!!
Thanks for your help. After 2 factory resets it now is up and running. THANKS lperry3

Perry, did you ever get the software to work? I had to workaround it to get the software to work then realized how it was being used on the controller and
the Solo which is a complicated mess! I found a factory YouTube video that helped a lot to get my Solo, Controller and Nexus 7 Android paired. I think
once I get a few short flights done I will go ahead and buy the Solex app. If you need the YouTube link let me know.

After a lot of heard scratching and 2 factory reboots all is working. I have been using the solex app on my android tablet with good results. I like the feature on the solex app that lets you keep tack of the number of flights and the total flight time. it also can keep battery usage time.

Never
After a lot of heard scratching and 2 factory reboots all is working. I have been using the solex app on my android tablet with good results. I like the feature on the solex app that lets you keep tack of the number of flights and the total flight time. it also can keep battery usage time.

Never a DULL MOMENT! :rolleyes: With all of my gymnastics on that darn Google account(s) I had to get off the main email one with which was confusing things
and wasn't secure. It was recommended that a person create a separate account for the Solo which I did and that just messed me up trying to get
authenticated. This morning I couldn't figure out why the Solo was sending FPV to the Nexus 7 from the cheapo camera a fella recommended and said
would work on the Solo. I pulled it and put my Git1 on it and crossed my fingers, it worked. Well, that's $40.00 spent (cheap camera) on something I didn't
need! The Git1 was on sale over a year ago and I got it I thought for a good price until a month later the Git2 came out and was close to the price I paid
for the Git1. :( I never liked the GoPro with the fisheye lenses and the price. I am going to fly the Solo with the Git1 and the regular mount until I get
familiar with the flight characteristics and controls on it. I will have to do a workaround on the mount with the Solo gimbal to see how it will work. One of
the fellas have posted that the Git2 works good on the Solo after some changes are made. GoPro has quit making the Hero 4 Black and I am hoping the
prices come down on it. I am thinking like you on the Solex app it would be a good addition to the Solo. I went with the Android 7 tablet since a fella on
YouTube compared several phones and tablets and recommended the Nexus because of brightness and readability in sunlight. I also need to get the
Nexus 7 upgraded and now it is dedicated just to the Solo. Happy Flying! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000