Constant WiFi Disconnects LG G-Pad F w/Solution

W

Wahapainan

I had constant disconnects with my WiFi/LTE TMobile LG G-Pad F 8" tablet. I tried another tablet, same model and the same issues, with my LG Flex phone, no issues.

I found that when the tablet was in the cradle after connecting to the Solo the WiFi signal would drop to nothing, when I placed the tablet beside the controller it went back to full signal. By disconnecting my flights really sucked with the Solo doing a RTH every time it connected.

I had some copper tape used on guitars which I've been using on my home build quads and found that if I put a strip between the controller and my tablet it didn't disconnect. I cut a strip approximately 2" wide and as long as the controller and placed it on the back of the tablet nearest the controller and no more disconnects.

Actually I did get a disconnect last night when I was out to 3350feet with stock antenna's but I'm not complaining. I'm wondering if this might help others with Wifi range issues.

So far the Solo has been a real joy to fly. Today I took it up in 20mph gusts and it did great. Manually orbiting in that wind was ugly, but the Solo handled it with smart shots fantastically.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
My guess is that your tablets WiFi of.getting overloaded being so close to the controller. Your phone doesn't have this problem. This is why the tape helped you.

Most people are having problems with WiFi disconnects between the Solo and the controller, which is a bit different problem.

Thanks for your tip, it may help someone

I had constant disconnects with my WiFi/LTE TMobile LG G-Pad F 8" tablet. I tried another tablet, same model and the same issues, with my LG Flex phone, no issues.

I found that when the tablet was in the cradle after connecting to the Solo the WiFi signal would drop to nothing, when I placed the tablet beside the controller it went back to full signal. By disconnecting my flights really sucked with the Solo doing a RTH every time it connected.

I had some copper tape used on guitars which I've been using on my home build quads and found that if I put a strip between the controller and my tablet it didn't disconnect. I cut a strip approximately 2" wide and as long as the controller and placed it on the back of the tablet nearest the controller and no more disconnects.

Actually I did get a disconnect last night when I was out to 3350feet with stock antenna's but I'm not complaining. I'm wondering if this might help others with Wifi range issues.

So far the Solo has been a real joy to fly. Today I took it up in 20mph gusts and it did great. Manually orbiting in that wind was ugly, but the Solo handled it with smart shots fantastically.

So it's from the controller to solo disconnects that this helped with or the wifi connection between the controller and your tablets. I don't have issues with my controller to my device but if this helps solos range between it and controller I'll be happy to give it a try.

3350 is good from stock setup for sure what type area is this in much wifi nearby or a pretty open interference free area your flying in. I know my stocks were struggling hard even before 1000 feet in the areas I tried but I'm in a pretty populated area and going to a wifi free spot to flys going to be a chore.

It helped with the tablet to controller connection. I was unable to maintain any sort of connection for long range testing prior to trying this tape.

I did my test at the flying field next to Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, there are quite a few homes nearby.

The response I originally received was to go to a WiFi free zone and try it... In Vegas that is quite a drive and I can't justify that.

It helped with the tablet to controller connection. I was unable to maintain any sort of connection for long range testing prior to trying this tape.

I did my test at the flying field next to Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, there are quite a few homes nearby.

The response I originally received was to go to a WiFi free zone and try it... In Vegas that is quite a drive and I can't justify that.

Yea I can imagine that's a great result though especially in that area your doing something right. Makes me wonder if that tape could be helping range at all as well, most who made it out that far have been in more ideal areas than were in. I bought an fpvlr and its made me plenty happy with range and kept video from being choppy, I swapped my stocks back once since upgrading and let's just say I won't be doing it again.

So today my first flight lost Solo to controller connectivity at 1200ft, went back out at 11:30AM and got to 4000ft before I turned the Solo around to come home (dbi was at 71 at that point with two small bars). Tried my best to screenshot it but was unsuccessful (Vol down and power doesn't do anything when in the app). Once I turned the Solo around I lost connectivity until it was 1750ft out. I'm still flying stock. I was happy to see yet another brand new solo pilot show up to the field. Gave him a little help with the nuances of the Solo, after his flight he was absolutely ecstatic with the way it flew and handled.

I have recently had a problem where it would perform well first flight, but then continuously disconnect after getting 10 feet away from base. I read the forums, and it said to recalibrate my sticks ( as I kept getting the warning that solo was connected but no internet ).
I recently bought the alpha antenna upgrade and those are not working at all. It says its connected on the ground but as soon as taking off, it disconnects ( even less range).
My phone is a iphone 6 with 10.2 version software, I am afraid to upgrade as I heard that causes even worse issues. I have also flown it with a samsung galaxy A tablet. both have same problem and I have a big shoot coming up.Can you help me?

Take the battery out of the controller, wait 30 seconds, reinsert and try again. Seemed to work for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M