Compass calibration with the gimbal attached?

LOL! As a matter of fact I was just yanking on that thing trying to get it out! It is a bit*h to get out!
Yes, hard to put in, hard to take out.
Hey Raybro...i found that it was a Bit*h too trying to push and pull that gimbal Foam out of my Gimbal...then I notice that the Gimbal always got hung up on that Lip on the Foam..specially when trying to take it out! So I just cut that little lip off the foam with a box cutter and
customized it a bit ....and now I find that it's a lot easier to slide it in and out of the Gimbal..and it still fits snug!

Hey, Raybro.......Do you call it "the blasted foam gimbal lock" because of how hard it is to reinstall? I have called it much worse, myself...:mad::mad::mad:
I call it the if wear and tear doesn't break your gimbal, removing and reapplying that cheap ass so call Guardian of the gimbal foam will!! :Do_O

It's by design I'm thinking!! so it wears out the gimbal over time forcing parts replacement or a new gimbal purchaseo_O
Seriously though, I got a box cutter knife and precisely ended up cutting off that stupid lip off, now it's as it should be not pulling you're gimbal.

I know this is an old thread but I came here a while back looking for an answer and found it inconclusive.

Bought my Solo about two months ago and got my gimbal about 4 weeks later. During that first month I calibrated level and compass just about every time I flew, but after installing the gimbal and camera I cringed at the thought of the video gear flopping around as I rotated and flipped the drone. That was what brought me here.

After almost a month of flying without calibrating I figured I'd pushed my luck far enough and decided to calibrate.

To my surprise and relief, the gimbal appears to self-lock when in calibration mode. It remained "stiff" during both level and compass calibration, basically remaining as it would if I'd left the foam block in.

Maybe this was included in an upgrade since this thread was last updated. Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience in case someone else was holding off, worried about calibrating with the video gear attached.

No worries :)

Reactions: Maddog
I know this is an old thread but I came here a while back looking for an answer and found it inconclusive.

Bought my Solo about two months ago and got my gimbal about 4 weeks later. During that first month I calibrated level and compass just about every time I flew, but after installing the gimbal and camera I cringed at the thought of the video gear flopping around as I rotated and flipped the drone. That was what brought me here.

After almost a month of flying without calibrating I figured I'd pushed my luck far enough and decided to calibrate.

To my surprise and relief, the gimbal appears to self-lock when in calibration mode. It remained "stiff" during both level and compass calibration, basically remaining as it would if I'd left the foam block in.

Maybe this was included in an upgrade since this thread was last updated. Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience in case someone else was holding off, worried about calibrating with the video gear attached.

No worries :)
Just FYI, you really don't need to calibrate that often but feel free to do what you like.

Usually only needed after updates or if your having a problem. A compass cal. doesn't hurt when flying in a new place far from home.:cool:

Just FYI, you really don't need to calibrate that often but feel free to do what you like.

Usually only needed after updates or if your having a problem. A compass cal. doesn't hurt when flying in a new place far from home.:cool:
I move around a fair bit so I like to re-calibrate at new locations. It can't hurt and it's one of very few things you can to do decrease the possibility of fly-aways.

Reactions: Maddog
Sorry to revive an old thread but what lip did you cut off the foam ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela