Colin Guinn officially out of 3DR

Reaction score
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/toda...76#comments-6178945012806475776&trk=prof-post

So, clearly 3DR is abandoning the consumer side of the business. Personally, not worried or upset. There are plenty of great companies already selling very good products for Solo, and a slew of new(ish) ones with really nice things coming out in the next few months. 3rd party providers like IMP Concepts et al will keep the Solo going for a good while to come. And just in case, I have a very nice stock of spares to keep my 3 Solos going for a good while. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: LAK-USA and DJ Wes
I had been wondering what place Colin was serving at a 3DR which no longer wants to serve the consumer/aerial videography market. Now we know...

Oh well, good things never last. If 3DR continues to serve the enterprise market with Solo, then batteries and motor pods should continue to be available. With those two things, our Solos should work until they're destroyed beyond repair.

Let's not cry or criticize, what's done is done. They brought some really advanced features to market and pushed the industry forward. The tech behind the Solo will be replicated in other manufacturers and, no doubt, trickle down to the DIY market.

My Solo still does more today than the day I bought it. I've had to tinker a bit, spend $100 between an M8N and Solex, but for that I still have capabilities unmatched in any other setup. Not trying to be a cheerleader, but really, that's nothing to complain about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40