Clone 3dr solo batteries

Interesting looks like a clone. Could be the original manufacturer especially the first one. Wonder if they would ever upside the battery with new tech.

I think they are both clones, and wow they are expensive compared to 3DR solo batteries.

I bought one of these batteries from Amazon in Dec when they were $45. Quality is very good. Almost indistinguishable from OEM except for some Chinese writing on label. I assume they were used as an alternate supplier by 3DR.
BTW, I have not done any 'testing' to substantiate this claim, but my Amazon battery seems to work the best of my 9 Solo batteries. I'd definitely buy more if the price was competitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: mudbeast66
Ouch read a review on the first one. Guy claimed loss of power and karma incident...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Note: Package includes:

1 * Battery for 3DR SOLO 5200mAh

XmiPbs
5200mAh Lithium Polymer Smart Battery for 3DR Solo Quadcopter

7 customer reviews

| 3 answered questions
Price: $139.99
Sale: $109.99 ($22.00 / Item) Free Shipping for Prime Members ******** $22.0 x 5 = $110.- *******
You Save: $30.00 (21%)

Specifications for this item
Brand Name
XmiPbs
EAN 0732240296348
Item Weight 1.2 pounds
Number of Items 5 <---------------------------------- look here
Part Number Solo
UNSPSC Code 60141010
UPC 732240296348

If I'm wrong.....It makes no sense to me to pay $110.- for a cloned battery when oem/original is sell for $60 to $80 everywhere..
I asked the seller about this... we will see soon...

XmiPbs
5200mAh Lithium Polymer Smart Battery for 3DR Solo Quadcopter

7 customer reviews

| 3 answered questions
Price: $139.99
Sale: $109.99 ($22.00 / Item) Free Shipping for Prime Members ******** $22.0 x 5 = $110.- *******
You Save: $30.00 (21%)

Specifications for this item
Brand Name
XmiPbs
EAN 0732240296348
Item Weight 1.2 pounds
Number of Items 5 <---------------------------------- look here
Part Number Solo
UNSPSC Code 60141010
UPC 732240296348

If I'm wrong.....It makes no sense to me to pay $110.- for a cloned battery when oem/original is sell for $60 to $80 everywhere..
I asked the seller about this... we will see soon...

Not sure if I am reading this right. To me it makes perfect sense - 5 cloned batteries for approx $22 each. That is a massive difference compared to $60 - 80 each! I'd probably wait til someone on the forum tests their reliability and grunt first [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvechuchoAxel
Not sure if I am reading this right. To me it makes perfect sense - 5 cloned batteries for approx $22 each. That is a massive difference compared to $60 - 80 each! I'd probably wait til someone on the forum tests their reliability and grunt first [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As stated above read the item description (1)

A fellow customer answered your question, "How many batteries are included in the $109 price? Your add shows $22.- / item. Thanks" about 5200mAh Lithium Polymer Smart Battery for 3DR....
Amazon Customer answered:
"I received 1 battery for $109."
goChykqcUoZ8kkn4ImX2hR6DXN4rFQDVX-L4m8-U7k0fSnCQLLpgBUUlfoDG5IU9fkKsMcc63Y2aAzGqRjJwsvaL0v4ic4TPOHSDBzNrifFVrhZu2NLnvLWbiH-ZLHKjYq9X52ji2WXIGmP_Gih-rw1E=s0-d-e1-ft
Thank the customer
WPTkgdKwnvntkaw_wpPz8vp3DsXlOPRR5meZNdzIEEclDEdjB36ESNYSyKp_IEBFBs1jOj8AAMPKpQyD4NSOWh0zZveydbEp6JQFC1OeRe2Q4dlYXTuM5kPOi0IJVgm5ymEXE9gwZ7H408C96D6hfR8kWw=s0-d-e1-ft
Comment on this answer

5200mAh Lithium Polymer Smart Battery for 3DR...

I don't get it.... original battery goes for average $65.-
Clone product for $109.-

I do insist... on SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS ITEM SHOWS 5 ITEMS...NOT one. (Check on Amazon listing.) Amazon.com: 5200mAh Lithium Polymer Smart Battery for 3DR Solo Quadcopter: Industrial & Scientific

I already own 4 batteries.

there is no way that I am going to use 9 batteries at the same session. when I fly.

my question is? do anyone know if I purchase 5 of these, can I keep them storage until I need them? without every changing them, until I need them. for example, when the four that I am using no, goes bad...basically stop charging.

I already own 4 batteries.

there is no way that I am going to use 9 batteries at the same session. when I fly.

my question is? do anyone know if I purchase 5 of these, can I keep them storage until I need them? without every changing them, until I need them. for example, when the four that I am using no, goes bad...basically stop charging.

They should last for quite some time. Batteries are rated for x number of charge/discharge cycles, not a set cumulative shelf life. Genuine Solo batteries seem to auto-discharge down to about 50% and then hold there indefinitely, at least all of mine do. That makes long term storage (over winters) pretty much a non issue.

I've accumulated 10 batteries, and will just try to cycle through their use - not leaving some on a shelf totally unused for years while I "wear out" others. I think that's the best way to make the most of each's useful life.

They should last for quite some time. Batteries are rated for x number of charge/discharge cycles, not a set cumulative shelf life. Genuine Solo batteries seem to auto-discharge down to about 50% and then hold there indefinitely, at least all of mine do. That makes long term storage (over winters) pretty much a non issue.

I've accumulated 10 batteries, and will just try to cycle through their use - not leaving some on a shelf totally unused for years while I "wear out" others. I think that's the best way to make the most of each's useful life.
I agree. I have 11 batteries and rotate them for use. I keep them at the recommended 50% charge for storage, and if they happen to drop below that, I top them off to about 60%, and they are good to go. I would also wait before pulling the trigger on the clone batteries, to get some feedback from other members.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000