Checking for updates trouble

Reaction score
I've been trying to update my Solo and controller. I have the latest app but when I go to updates the app just sits at "Checking for vehicle updates..." until I cancel it and give up. I let it run for an hour last night and it never got anywhere. Anyone else have this happen? I've tried on my S6 and Galaxy Tab 4 and both do the same thing. I'll see my Dad tonight, and he has a iPhone 6, might ask him if I can give that a try. This is very annoying. :/

I've been trying to update my Solo and controller. I have the latest app but when I go to updates the app just sits at "Checking for vehicle updates..." until I cancel it and give up. I let it run for an hour last night and it never got anywhere. Anyone else have this happen? I've tried on my S6 and Galaxy Tab 4 and both do the same thing. I'll see my Dad tonight, and he has a iPhone 6, might ask him if I can give that a try. This is very annoying. :/
I also think that would be a good ideal by trying it with different devices and see if that works!!
But it seems like it's the app or your internet connection ?
Did u try tottaly Uninstalling the App and Reintalling it and Tottaly rebooting your Device also..Iv heard sometimes that works..
And double check your wifi internet connection make sure You have a good connection ..

I am having the same issue here, while trying to perform my initial preflight update. I get stuck at "checking for vehicle updates" for a long time, and then eventually it finishes saying "GO FLY", but the version at both the controller and the vehicle is not defined (--) and the preflight update screen at the controller doesn't go away.

I SSHed into both and the VERSION file says 0.6.12. At the system info tab I also don't get any version for the Solo and Autopilot (the loading circle keeps spinning).

Any clues?

issue with 1.1.1 of solo app. You guys running android? I had similar issue and 3DR said they are working on a fix and its only happening on android. If you are running Android can you share what version/device?

Sure, it's an LG G3, running Android 4.4.2 (kernel 3.4.0). I would try other devices, but so far nobody around me seems to have a phone that supports the Solo App.

issue with 1.1.1 of solo app. You guys running android? I had similar issue and 3DR said they are working on a fix and its only happening on android. If you are running Android can you share what version/device?

I was wondering if it was something like that. I am using Android, tried my Samsung Galaxy S6 v5.0.2, and my Galaxy Tab 4 v4.4.2 both do it. I will have access to an iPhone 5 and new iPad tonight and will see if I use one to try the update. Kind of surprising it's happening to my S6... I've only had it for 2 months and hoped the phone was new enough I would avoid these kinds of things :rolleyes:.

I was wondering if it was something like that. I am using Android, tried my Samsung Galaxy S6 v5.0.2, and my Galaxy Tab 4 v4.4.2 both do it. I will have access to an iPhone 5 and new iPad tonight and will see if I use one to try the update. Kind of surprising it's happening to my S6... I've only had it for 2 months and hoped the phone was new enough I would avoid these kinds of things :rolleyes:.
It's a software issue not a device issue. Looks like 3dr services was just updated so maybe that fixed it. I haven't tried yet but I will soon . Since I was experiencing issues in the solo app as well as the tower app I was wondering if maybe 33DR Services was the problem

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I used an iPhone tonight and as soon as the app connected it said there was an update out. I applied it without issue. Why are iPhones getting the love with the app? Makes me sad.

I used an iPhone tonight and as soon as the app connected it said there was an update out. I applied it without issue. Why are iPhones getting the love with the app? Makes me sad.
Iv notice that to..it seems the Solo app works better on IOS then Android for some reason..

I use IOS and never had an issue with the Solo app

Looks like latest update 3DR services took care of the issue. So if you guys haven't updated please do so and we should be good to go.

(First off, I did download the latest and greatest before I started down this primrose path... )

Pickup up a new Solo today and tried to update it with my brand new Android Galaxy Tab Pro 4.

After 40 or so minutes of not being able to clear the Pre-Flight check screen , I gave up and borrowed an iPad to do it.

Took all of 10 minutes with an iPad.

What shame it is to watch 3DR circle the toilet tighter and tighter with each untested thing they release.

Preflight always worked fine with Android OS before, but now they've screwed up something by adding in the Gimble (that can't be found anyways...)

Now they are going to alienate the entire Android owners group.
They can't seem to get a break, no matter which way they turn....

(First off, I did download the latest and greatest before I started down this primrose path... )

Pickup up a new Solo today and tried to update it with my brand new Android Galaxy Tab Pro 4.

After 40 or so minutes of not being able to clear the Pre-Flight check screen , I gave up and borrowed an iPad to do it.

What shame it is to watch 3DR circle the toilet tighter and tighter with each untested thing they release.

Preflight always worked fine with Android OS before, but now they've screwed up something by adding in the Gimble (that can't be found anyways...)

I hear ya. I bought a dedicated android tablet too for solo becsuse Tower was only made for Android but have not run into any issues until the day before yesterday. Even with IOS sometimes things get goofy and you have to sometimes reboot everything including the solo and controller. Did you try doing that? nothing should ever take 40 minutes so if you haven't done so next time see if a reboot fixes anything. If nothing helps then give 3DR a call. Even with their latest problems I've always been able to get someone on the phone pretty fast. More importantly it's always best to report problems so they know. And in my case they informed me that what i was experiencing was a known issue and promised a fix which they released the next day.

No issues with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. To be honest, it's all I use and has been working great for me.

No issues with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. To be honest, it's all I use and has been working great for me.
I didn't have any issues with the previous Solo and the same model Galaxy Tab, just the one I bought yesterday.

The new Android software updates differently then it did before and they seem to have taken the
"It ain't broke, so lets fix it" path.

Either way, if someone plans on picking one up now it would be wise to have an IOS device handy.

Does the Solo App require the iPhone 6 to work? I tried on an iPhone 5S and the device apparently does not support the app... Is that right?

It does not require the 6. I borrowed an iPhone 5S to perform my update while their was a problem with the Android app on my phone (which appears to have been fixed since). Is the iPhone you are using on the latest iOS?

It's 8.4.1, which I think is the latest. Whenever I try downloading the Solo App it says that it is not compatible with this device. Any clues as to why?

It's 8.4.1, which I think is the latest. Whenever I try downloading the Solo App it says that it is not compatible with this device. Any clues as to why?
I don't know why it saying that it's not compatible for you?
If you look on the 3DR web sight there is a page that will show you all the Devices that are compatible and the iPhone 5s is one of them..so it should work!!

It's possible that 3dr changed it? Wouldn't surprise me. Is your phone jailbroken by any chance?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421