having video feed problems"

Works for most Video Feed irregularities.
I got my replacement gimbal from 3dr Services yesterday. They received my return last Friday and had a replacement out to me within a week! Props to 3dr for being on point. Anyway after the installation I tried out the new to me gimbal and it's working great, but unfortunately I was only getting a white screen with a few lines of color. After reading thru some of the threads on here I found the info you had been posting. I really hope this is the problem, but it sounds like it is quite common unfortunately!

And? Anyone else have any ideas? Could upgrading the wifi cards cause this?

And? Anyone else have any ideas? Could upgrading the wifi cards cause this?

If you are getting this with the controller next to the solo it's a problem.
Looks like you will have wait for support to get back to you. Or go on live chat during there working hours. Quote your support reference number and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the help, I had installed the Relish3d cable and thought I screwed things up. Put the oem cable back in with suggested foam mod and all is good again!

As the song goes... "I'm open to suggestions."

Video feed stopped midway through a Cable Cam flight (which otherwise completed OK). Haven't had problems with this Solo in more than a year. (I have three other Solos in frequent use.) Telemetry is working, but not the video feed.

I have enough working components to do all the usual swaps, which appears to rule out the GoPro, Gimbal, Controller and the HDMI cable from the list of suspects (although there's a chance that I have two HDMI cables that are faulty). This Solo had tight-fitting HDMI sockets on both the Gimbal and the SoloLink board, however I did try the crimp-and-foam suggestion without success.

Until a few days ago, I have not had video feed problems of this kind with any of my Solos.

I've read the suggestion to re-seat the microSD card on the SoloLink board, however I'm reluctant to do that since it appears to be a flakier component than the HDMI sockets.

Suggestions anyone?

I have been having the same problem. My HDMI cables are tight but video is going in and out and seems to want to roll like an old time tv. Let me know what you come up with.

If your video feed is Rolling, freezing, Stopping. I have a fix that worked for many Solo users.
I always assumed that the problems mentioned above, where do the HDMI connection at the Gimbal side of the HDMI cable. It was the first place i would checked for a bad connection. I have had to Change HDMI cables 3 times in 1 year. Relish 3D sending me out a new HDMI ribbon cable, but with this fix, never got to use it.

I checked the other end of the HDMI, the one that goes to the main board.
Needed to go through a process to open Solo up "not hard". then i tugged on HDMI plug & it seemed loose.
Squeezed "Pinched" the HDMI receptacle "socket" very lightly, then re inserted the cable, seemed a bit more solid.
Behind the plug, the cable was wobbly in a up, down direction.
A full 1/2 in. of play.
Cut out a piece of hard foam almost a 3/8 thick, wedged it between the top of the HDMI plug "about 1" behind the HDMI receptacle & the main board.
Felt snug enough.
Put back everything, turn on Solo & like magic, all my problems with Video feed gone. never came back!

This will fix many Video Feed problems.
Again, very lightly compress the HDMI connectors.
at 6:45 of this video shows where HDMI cable is >>How to install ribbon cable Video
View attachment 3832
If anyone is still following this thread - this was very successful - no green screen and the video transmission is solid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea