Carbon fiber props

Are you using these on your Solo? I have a lot of props from other quadcopters, but none fit the Solo.

I've used these for some time now. In fact I've just got another spare set arriving today. I was like you just wanted to try them for myself as everyone has there own opinion if they make an improvement. I just like the way it seems to handle better and they are a bit quieter than the stock props. Certainly don't get any improvement in flight time that some people are claiming.

I've used these for some time now. In fact I've just got another spare set arriving today. I was like you just wanted to try them for myself as everyone has there own opinion if they make an improvement. I just like the way it seems to handle better and they are a bit quieter than the stock props. Certainly don't get any improvement in flight time that some people are claiming.

Thanks. I use CF props on my DIY drones, but never thought to do a micro-vibration comparison. I may give these a try with my Solo.

I use these, ordered from Amazon in October of 2015. Bought one set and modified them to fit. Balanced and I'm still using the same set today. The bird really boogies when turned all the way to Ludicrous Speed.:D Rock solid now too.
But don't get her fingers caught in the blades! :eek:

DJI Phantom 2 & 3 Series Carbon Fiber Reinforced Self-Tightening Propellers Props, 24 x 12.7cm, 2 Pack, Black with Yellow Stripes

Try Master Airscrew. A set of 4 with nuts are around $18.

Yeah they didn't have the solo versions available at that time. I just made a jig to hold the prop then drilled the threads deeper and recut threads. Then used a small fine file to shave down the small raised lip on the underside so it would sit flat on the motor top. FYI

Reactions: Maxheadspace

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela