Cant get rid of vibrations, maybe its not your cable

Thanks again for the response Erik. All very good and sensible points for sure. I haven't really taken the time to start learning the editing phase of this stuff just yet. I'm consumed with trying to perfect what I have first. I do have the Polar Pro filters and believe I had the ND8 on the orbit at the lake video. I'm still learning about the filter applications as well.

I got a single opportunity today to test the bird with just a little wind. Again just trying to see if I'm gaining any ground. The motors are about as balanced as I can seem to get them and I put on a different set of OEM props. My prop balancer and rod didn't show up today.

I think the balancing and prop change has had a fairly noticeable impact on the vibration that I've been experiencing. This is just a quick, no frills, no edit video of some of the clips.

What do you and the others that are following see? I'm not looking for video advice yet, just opinions on the stability of the raw footage. Any and all opinions will be appreciated.

Jerry

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I see a pretty decent stabile video. What do you see? You're the one that has to be satisfied with it.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: J R
Yeah, it's the way to go alright. Just remember you'll need to figure out how you're going to mount the pod not the motor or you're going to have to pull the motor from the pod. What if it's the motor in the pod that's the issue? You also need some sort of ESC and power source to control the motor. Too much for me. Besides, there's not a chance in hell the wife is letting that contraption sit on the dining room table for all to view!

Jerry
It could probably be done mounted in the arm. You've got most of that bell housing sticking out of the pod. Or, a person could make up some extended wiring connectors just for motor balancing.

Thanks again for the response Erik. All very good and sensible points for sure. I haven't really taken the time to start learning the editing phase of this stuff just yet. I'm consumed with trying to perfect what I have first. I do have the Polar Pro filters and believe I had the ND8 on the orbit at the lake video. I'm still learning about the filter applications as well.

I got a single opportunity today to test the bird with just a little wind. Again just trying to see if I'm gaining any ground. The motors are about as balanced as I can seem to get them and I put on a different set of OEM props. My prop balancer and rod didn't show up today.

I think the balancing and prop change has had a fairly noticeable impact on the vibration that I've been experiencing. This is just a quick, no frills, no edit video of some of the clips.

What do you and the others that are following see? I'm not looking for video advice yet, just opinions on the stability of the raw footage. Any and all opinions will be appreciated.

Jerry

Jerry- your stability is fabulous! As good or better than mine. Are you seeing problems?

One thing you might consider that I ran in to- computer power might not be good enough to play smooth video on your system so it looks bad to you. Don't know what your setup is so just a thought.

First of all..Iv never done this before..and learning on the way!

I finally had enough time today to do my little vibration motor test with my iPhone and the "Vibration" App!
After reading how some of you have been doing it with there smart device and watching some of the videos...I thought I would try something a little different!
I grabbed some twist ties and wrapped my iPhone tight on the top of the Motor Arm!
But first I started one motor at a time and just use the touch of my fingers to find the motor with the worse vibration by touch..and it was #4! ....The others 3 wasn't that bad really..pretty smooth!
But #4 had quite a bit more vibration than the others ..you could really feel it...and very noticeably louder !

So heres my results with the "Vibration App"
I also like to point out that I'm only taking this at Face Value!
I'm only using the tools that i have access to me that's around the house..like twist ties and an IPhone...and a Beer..lol
But at least this will give me an ideal or a reference !

rms

I tried to ballance #4 with little pieces of black electrical tape to see if I could get the vibration and the rms lowered...but could not get it any lower then what it already is! .012
I don't know why my #4 is giving me vibration!!
It seems like it won't let me balance it ?
Could it be a bearing problem?
Or Mabe the one or two of the 4 screws holding the motor pot to frame is loose causing vibration?

I think tomorrow I will take off the light cover under #4 motor and make sure the 4 screws that are screwed into the motor are nice and tight! Iv read that some people have found there motor pods screws come loose after time!
If that don't help..I have 2 brand new motors still in the box and will change it out!
View attachment 1854 View attachment 1855 View attachment 1855

Cheers
Del, good job! I have been using the numbers followed by "min" and "max" on the "Z" line, not "rms". Is it possible that is why you're not seeing a change?

Hey Jerry, Not sure what you are looking for as a target, but I would say 'mission accomplished!' The video looks great and I would have swore that the look down shot you did over the pickup was a still shot. Good work! Now go fly and enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Ditto!:)

Jerry

That looks dang good

just replaced my lens. after playing with motor balance and knowing I have one really bad pod with replacements on the way it was just time to try it.
Doing a test with my last balanced video running it through both prodad and premiere pro cc warp stabilizer for a head to head test getting any final vibrations out in post
will post when it is done

Here is the lens I bought

Brand New 12MP 4.4mm Rectilinear Lens (no fisheye / distortion) for GoPro Camera

Del, good job! I have been using the numbers followed by "min" and "max" on the "Z" line, not "rms". Is it possible that is why you're not seeing a change?
Thanks for the Tip Maddog.. I'll have to try it... I was using the very bottom line for my readings (rms mag =)

Jerry- your stability is fabulous! As good or better than mine. Are you seeing problems?

Maddog,

Hey, I'm quite pleased with my results thus far! I just wanted to get some other opinions. All I've been doing is tests for the last week or so. I'm starting to get the o_O face after watching clip after clip after clip. I thought some of you guys might pick up on things I might have been missing. I'm using all I7's with good RAM and SSD's, I'm not having any computer issues. Thanks for the confirmation that it's looking pretty good!

Jerry

Maddog,

Hey, I'm quite pleased with my results thus far! I just wanted to get some other opinions. All I've been doing is tests for the last week or so. I'm starting to get the o_O face after watching clip after clip after clip. I thought some of you guys might pick up on things I might have been missing. I'm using all I7's with good RAM and SSD's, I'm not having any computer issues. Thanks for the confirmation that it's looking pretty good!

Jerry
Stop messing with it and go flying- then you can concentrate on editing.:)

Hey Jerry, Not sure what you are looking for as a target, but I would say 'mission accomplished!' The video looks great and I would have swore that the look down shot you did over the pickup was a still shot. Good work! Now go fly and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Thanks for the confirmation Jubalr! I wish I could go fly, wind has been an issue the last few days. Seems like the only break I get is just before dusk. Based on that timeframe and the clips I shot yesterday, you got any suggestions for camera setting? That's going to be my next big learning experience, trying to learn more about the video and photo aspects of this hobby! Right now I'm just using the settings that you have for "good" in your settings thread. I didn't go "very good" because I know absolutely nothing about color correction.

I won't derail this thread over camera settings, just thought I'd ask! Maybe I need to start another thread.

Thanks again!

Jerry

just replaced my lens. after playing with motor balance and knowing I have one really bad pod with replacements on the way it was just time to try it.
Doing a test with my last balanced video running it through both prodad and premiere pro cc warp stabilizer for a head to head test getting any final vibrations out in post
will post when it is done

Here is the lens I bought

Brand New 12MP 4.4mm Rectilinear Lens (no fisheye / distortion) for GoPro Camera
I have been really pleased with ProDrenalin (ProDad) for stabilization. Will be interested how it stacks up against Warp Stabilizer.

Give my obviously overtaxed brain a break here and do me a favor, OK?
Why are you posting here?
Once again someone arrives and immediately lays a BS minefield in their first series of posts. Every single one you've made has been 3DR negative.
Newsflash: I understand that it's pretty subtle and a tad hard to grasp, but the gist is this:
We are Solo enthusiasts. We work to improve its qualities and overcome any shortcomings, whether real or perceived.
We do not give a rat's rear what your opinion is. We are attempting to solve issues common amongst us rather than exacerbating often non-existent ones, we migrate towards a generally positive world view, and frankly don't care if a DJI Phantom, operated by a wealthy treasure hunter, simultaneously found Jimmy Hoffa's long-lost corpse engaging Elvis Presley's wraith in fervent conversation, thereby enduring a lifelong supply of income from Netflix subscriptions from the canceled TV show and subsequent feature film.
Man alive, Shrek. I know he's not a troll, but... a seems close enough for guvmint work.
Yeah Baby!;)

I have been really pleased with ProDrenalin (ProDad) for stabilization. Will be interested how it stacks up against Warp Stabilizer.
I think the both hit image quality a little but that is why I am doing this comparison to see which is a bigger hit

Thanks for the confirmation Jubalr! I wish I could go fly, wind has been an issue the last few days. Seems like the only break I get is just before dusk. Based on that timeframe and the clips I shot yesterday, you got any suggestions for camera setting? That's going to be my next big learning experience, trying to learn more about the video and photo aspects of this hobby! Right now I'm just using the settings that you have for "good" in your settings thread. I didn't go "very good" because I know absolutely nothing about color correction.

I won't derail this thread over camera settings, just thought I'd ask! Maybe I need to start another thread.

Thanks again!

Jerry
After testing, and for my particular needs, I like shooting 2,7k @60 Protune on and GoPro color and I use an ND8 filter most of the time. I find that setting gives great results while still allowing room for fine tuning if necessary.

Reactions: Maddog and J R
After testing, and for my particular needs, I like shooting 2,7k @60 Protune on and GoPro color and I use an ND8 filter most of the time. I find that setting gives great results while still allowing room for fine tuning if necessary.

Thank you, Sir!

Jerry

I think the both hit image quality a little but that is why I am doing this comparison to see which is a bigger hit
I agree- they will each degrade image quality a certain amount.
How are you going to determine which is "better"?

Either way, I can't afford Adobe, so I'm gonna keep using my $20 "blessing from the Internet".

Maddog,

Jerry
I can only afford AMD.:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc