Can't Connect to Solo with Mission Planner

Reaction score
First, I don't see any "search" options for the forums.

I can't seem to connect Solo using Mission Planner. MP just sits there waiting to connect to UDP. Here's the steps I'm taking:
1) PC connected my Solo WiFi (controller).
2) Using MP, try to connect using UDP at 115200 baud, using port 14550.
3) PC just stays at "Connecting to UDP" in one window and "Mavlink connecting" in another. Nothing ever connects.

I watched this video just to be sure I'm doing the steps the same:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes - I'm positive I'm connected to the Solo WiFi. I can FTP and SSH to Solo, but can't use MP. Any ideas?
I do connect with Tower for mission planning, etc. I don't really need MP, since I pull the Dataflash logs using SSH, but this bothers me why I can't connect with MP.

Thanks for your idea.s

I've found I need to restart MP after I connect to Solo's wifi. Also, had to disconnect my Ethernet connection when I first started using MP, now I don't need to for some reason.... FYI, don't allow MP to update any firmware to your Solo....

The Search icon does disappear at times, reading this post now should reveal the icon in the upper right....

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. I'll try them both. The firewall probably is the culprit, as I normally connect WiFi before starting MP. I'm fully aware of not updating the Solo firmware with MP (and many of the parameters).

Still no search icon on the website. But that's a different topic.

Reactions: RichWest
I had previously thought about the Firewall, but it slipped my mind. That was the culprit - all is well now. Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: PdxSteve
I'm having the same problem as Larry. I'm on a mac using VMware to simulate Windows 7, and MP opens up like it should but it never actually connects. I've disabled the firewall and restarted MP after connecting to the wifi. Is there any other reason why it wouldn't connect?

Had this same issue despite changing baud rate, messing with firewall settings, and changing wifi/program connection order.

I eventually solved it by initiating a ssh session to the controller through putty while Mission Planner was trying to connect. Frustrating but at least there's a solution.

I have same problem tried the baud rate and firewall. Cant connect weird. Im on aleinware r3 17 and its giving me problem but my hp omen with same type of specs works instant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44