Can You Feel Even Better About Your Solo?

Reaction score
Having stumbled on the ridiculous Best Buy $299 bundle, I've purchased two Solos since Christmas. In addition, I've taken advantage of Best Buy's periodic sales to stock up on batteries, props, and backpacks.

Just when I thought I couldn't feel better about my purchases, I invested the princely sum of $19.99 in a pair of Alfa antennas and then proceeded to fly my Solo 5,500 feet downrange, at an altitude of 390 feet. So much for the alleged short range of the Solo!

And if that's not enough, take a look at this great video that compares the Follow mode of the Solo to that of the vaunted DJI Phantom 4.

Gotta love the Solo!

Last edited:
that was a great comparison video! I have a question, how did you get Solo to follow you from the front or side of your jeep? i can only seem to do follow behind my subject all the time. I would love to have it lead and follow, if it can. Thanks!!

that was a great comparison video! I have a question, how did you get Solo to follow you from the front or side of your jeep? i can only seem to do follow behind my subject all the time. I would love to have it lead and follow, if it can. Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I can't help you because that wasn't my video, but rather simply one that I thought readers here would found interesting. Perhaps someone who has experience with Solo's follow mode will chime in.

Last edited:
Solo follows from wherever you start it and tries to maintain that position. Side, front or back doesn't matter, you can even have it 'follow' you while doing a 360 around you.

Reactions: Bret
Thanks, Jubair! I will try that. I thought I had set up Solo to follow me some time ago as it was in front of me. But I was thinking I walked towards it and it just pivoted and waited until it was being before moving. I will take it out and give it a little more distance and try again! Thanks for your response! Believe it or not, I was actually typing in the search box when I got a notification from you!! I love this site because it ROCKS!!

Thanks, Jubair! I will try that. I thought I had set up Solo to follow me some time ago as it was in front of me. But I was thinking I walked towards it and it just pivoted and waited until it was being before moving. I will take it out and give it a little more distance and try again! Thanks for your response! Believe it or not, I was actually typing in the search box when I got a notification from you!! I love this site because it ROCKS!!
No problem Bret. Remember also that when you first select Follow, it will often default to 'look at me' instead of follow. Meaning it won't move from the location but instead will just keep the camera pointed at you.

Reactions: Bret
Yea, I knew that, Jubair. So, I just click on Follow: Leash mode and start towards it, Solo will lead me then? Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc