Can the Solo app support multiple Solos?

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
I searched but didn't find anything pertinent and the manual doesn't cover this. No info in the app itself either that I could find.

I just bought my 2nd Solo and I'm wondering if the Solo App (I only have one phone) can support multiple machines? I find where you have to provide the serial number, but it doesn't seem to have the capacity to hold multiple serial numbers.

I searched but didn't find anything pertinent and the manual doesn't cover this. No info in the app itself either that I could find.

I just bought my 2nd Solo and I'm wondering if the Solo App (I only have one phone) can support multiple machines? I find where you have to provide the serial number, but it doesn't seem to have the capacity to hold multiple serial numbers.
Yeah. It should work fine. A lot of us have multiple Solos and fly them with the same phone/tablet.

I name the wifi network each Solo creates something different and easy to remember. That's helps keep me sorted as to which one I'm connected to and flying.

The real question is if you can attempt to fly two Solos at the same time with one remote...

ಠ_ಠ

The controller can only connect to one solo at a time. Your mobile device is connected to the controller, and can only be connected to one controller at a time. The Solo app on your mobile device can only interact with one Solo at a time, and that one solo is the one connected to your controller.

If you bought multiple solos, you can use them one at a time and the application doesn't care which one it connects to.

Reactions: SARDG
Pedals, do you mean that multiple different Solos can be flown (not at the same time of course) utilize the same single controller? In other words, will the controller link up with different solos without issue?

You could re-pair your controller with any number of Solos, but only one at a time.
Yes, but it's usually easier and less time consuming to keep the Solo/Controller pairs together and grab the Solo that is already paired with the controller. Of course, if you have a favorite controller that's modded in any way, then you'll probably want to re-pair to fly additional Solos with the modded controller. Not likely something you want to bother with routinely.

Solex allegedly keeps track of different Solos, but actually it is keeping track of different controllers, so to use that feature effectively, you'd have to keep with separate Solo/Controller pairs.

Last edited:
Can you enter a second serial number under one user profile? I just flew Solo #2 (different serial number) using a profile created for Solo #1. Are serial numbers unique to one user profile? Do I need to create another user profile for each Solo? I also renamed the wifi to a unique name but it looks like I flew the app using Solo #1 serial but flying Solo#2. Does that make sense?

Can you enter a second serial number under one user profile? I just flew Solo #2 (different serial number) using a profile created for Solo #1. Are serial numbers unique to one user profile? Do I need to create another user profile for each Solo? I also renamed the wifi to a unique name but it looks like I flew the app using Solo #1 serial but flying Solo#2. Does that make sense?
I haven't bothered with serial numbers/profiles, but please refer to my post above yours. As far as the Apps know, you are NOT flying individual Solos, you are flying "Controllers". The controller is the router and contains the SSID (sololink, etc). The question would be - what controller did you use during all this? If the same controller for both Solos, you must be re-pairing.

If you are renaming "the Wi-Fi", that is the SSID and you are renaming the controller that the App is connected to. If you grab that controller to fly, you must use it with the Solo it is paired with or re-pair a different Solo to it. If you pick up the other controller that has a unique SSID, then you must use the Solo that is paired with that controller - or re-pair the other Solo to that controller.

I don't think you need to worry about it. As long as you have figured out how to fly both Solos with one iPhone you've done what you needed to do.

Not positive but I'm pretty sure the serial number thing is just about registering your Solo. You can do that on the web or through the app. Or not register it at all.

... please refer to my post above yours. As far as the Apps know, you are NOT flying individual Solos, you are flying "Controllers". The controller is the router and contains the SSID (sololink, etc). The question would be - what controller did you use during all this? If the same controller for both Solos, you must be re-pairing

I wasn't worried about re-pairing with the same controller. That seems more difficult than picking up another controller. I was concerned over the reporting the app uses during a malfunction.

Thanks for the replies!

...I was concerned over the reporting the app uses during a malfunction....
Uhh, you didn't mention that. Nor do I think it matters. I think that particular consideration is a case of overthinking what's actually required in the larger scheme of things. o_O

...and the OP hasn't even returned to clarify his concerns.

Nothing left to clarify, my question was answered in the 2nd post and further answered in the 3rd and some of the subsequent posts. ;)

My only concern was if the app can accommodate the use of multiple Solos. I will soon own two Solos and I would only be flying one at a time but wanted to make sure the app could fly Solo 1 at one time and Solo 2 next without having to rebuild the app settings for one vs. the other. The thread has gone in additional directions and that's fine but I got what I needed early on.

Reactions: SARDG
You can if you have hardware/software that can do multicasts. You can google "drone for swamp"

This thread is done for the purposes of answering the OPs question.

Meantime, it's worth mentioning that you can fly multiple Solo's at the same time with one controller and one ground station app. Same with other arducopter based drones. It's just not a consumer feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela