Can the Battery effect the Gimbal?

Reaction score
This is odd-I should test it before writing this, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
After I got my replacement Gimbal, I went out flying and it worked fine. I then changed the battery (fully charged) and the Gimbal flipped and while it was still controllable with the paddle on the controller, it definitely wasn't working properly. I removed the gimbal and made sure the cabling was routed properly, the gimbal was mounted correctly and not binding. Today I took it out and the gimbal was still flopping around. After landing, I switched batteries and the gimbal worked like a champ. So without further testing yet, is it possible that one battery has some sort of defect that would cause the gimbal to fail? I find it very strange that it would have anything to do with it since Solo flies just fine with both batteries. I marked the batteries so I can see if the problem repeats. I just can't imagine what kind of problem a battery would have that would cause the gimbal to fail.

I wouldn't think the battery would have anything at all to do with it. Test it a few times with both batteries. When you swapped batteries it's possible the gimbal reset itself...not sure.

This is odd-I should test it before writing this, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
After I got my replacement Gimbal, I went out flying and it worked fine. I then changed the battery (fully charged) and the Gimbal flipped and while it was still controllable with the paddle on the controller, it definitely wasn't working properly. I removed the gimbal and made sure the cabling was routed properly, the gimbal was mounted correctly and not binding. Today I took it out and the gimbal was still flopping around. After landing, I switched batteries and the gimbal worked like a champ. So without further testing yet, is it possible that one battery has some sort of defect that would cause the gimbal to fail? I find it very strange that it would have anything to do with it since Solo flies just fine with both batteries. I marked the batteries so I can see if the problem repeats. I just can't imagine what kind of problem a battery would have that would cause the gimbal to fail.
What GoPro are you using...?
Do you have the right weights on the gimbal?
It sounds like your Gimbal is trying to reset itself..!!
Could be from the Gimbal not being balanced or the rowting of your cables..or Yaw motor rubbing against motherboard..

Just throwing a few things out there for yah...

Because I can't see the battery Having any affect on your gimbals performance ..

What GoPro are you using...?
Do you have the right weights on the gimbal?
It sounds like your Gimbal is trying to reset itself..!!
Could be from the Gimbal not being balanced or the rowting of your cables..or Yaw motor rubbing against motherboard..

Just throwing a few things out there for yah...

Because I can't see the battery Having any affect on your gimbals performance ..
I never had to use weights, and made sure the cable routing is fine. Besides, remember, it works with the one battery. The best I can do is test each battery when I get the chance. It must be a coincidence, but strange how originally it worked with the one battery, then didn't with the second, and then the next time I go out, it doesn't work with one battery, but does with the other. It's just too bad I didn't know which one was which. Easy enough to test as soon as they get charged up. If it's still light when I get home tomorrow, I'll give them a try in my back yard.
Quick unrelated note, I hadn't flown in since the last software upgrade. Today I got GPS lock in less than a minute, and I flew to the height limit and far away as usual and didn't loose signal. I was very pleased with that.

I never had to use weights, and made sure the cable routing is fine. Besides, remember, it works with the one battery. The best I can do is test each battery when I get the chance. It must be a coincidence, but strange how originally it worked with the one battery, then didn't with the second, and then the next time I go out, it doesn't work with one battery, but does with the other. It's just too bad I didn't know which one was which. Easy enough to test as soon as they get charged up. If it's still light when I get home tomorrow, I'll give them a try in my back yard.
Quick unrelated note, I hadn't flown in since the last software upgrade. Today I got GPS lock in less than a minute, and I flew to the height limit and far away as usual and didn't loose signal. I was very pleased with that.

Please keep us updated..I'm curious what your results would be

Did a static test. Batteries had no effect. Gimbal worked fine with both. I don't think actually flying would matter, so chalk it up to the magical, mysterious, wonderful world of drones. It works and with the improvement in GPS lock and radio range, I'm a happy camper. Think I'll get a little more brave where I fly it.

Reactions: Del
This has been mentioned before in several threads- somebody goes flying, everything is fine.
Land, swap batteries, and the gimbal goes psycho or Solo starts flying like its drunk, or the video feed is bad.
Land, change batteries or wait a day, and everything is fine again.

I don't know if a fix was ever found, but apparently it wasn't related to the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks