Can solo snap pictures via Tower yet?

Reaction score
Its been a while guys. Over the winter I pretty much focused on building and flying FPV racing drones but spring is near and the Solo itch is on. Poor thing has been sitting quietly in its backpack all winter long and I look forward to checking out the updates that have been released since she last flew. Haven't really read up in detail on what's possible with Solo today as this was my first stop :) I guess I have some reading to do as I don't like to upgrade firmware and immediately take to the skies. I've gained a lot of flight experience over the winter using my micros and racing drones. I wan't to ensure that my mishap free record with Solo continues.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Solo can snap pictures in Tower yet? When I tried last summer I was disappointed to find that feature wasn't implemented. At that point, goPro controls weren't even available yet so I'm curious if its possible now in Tower or perhaps via another GCS? I'd like to do some aerial mapping.

There's the Solo App now, which has shutter control (or start/stop video) mode change and EV adjustment. At the Apple App Store or Google Play.

Its been a while guys. Over the winter I pretty much focused on building and flying FPV racing drones but spring is near and the Solo itch is on. Poor thing has been sitting quietly in its backpack all winter long and I look forward to checking out the updates that have been released since she last flew. Haven't really read up in detail on what's possible with Solo today as this was my first stop :) I guess I have some reading to do as I don't like to upgrade firmware and immediately take to the skies. I've gained a lot of flight experience over the winter using my micros and racing drones. I wan't to ensure that my mishap free record with Solo continues.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Solo can snap pictures in Tower yet? When I tried last summer I was disappointed to find that feature wasn't implemented. At that point, goPro controls weren't even available yet so I'm curious if its possible now in Tower or perhaps via another GCS? I'd like to do some aerial mapping.
Welcome back nuggetz. Yes, Tower allows video and picture taking. When you tap on the live view window, you will see a camera and a camcorder icons, allowing you to start/stop recording or take photos.

Reactions: pat-love
Heh thanks but meant more like autonomously at set intervals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh thanks but meant more like autonomously at set intervals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes (&no) for the time being. Survey and other modes with a camera trigger will trigger the GP. I've used it in the past. But the latest update broke that feature, but Frank said yesterday that 3DR has the fix and it is in the upcoming update.

Anyway, I'm wondering if Solo can snap pictures in Tower yet? .

Nug,

I can't answer your question as I haven't tried that yet. I just wanted to chime in to say welcome back and to thank you again for your original Tower tutorial. If it wasn't for that tutorial I don't think I would have figured Tower out. I hope to see more from you. I looked into the FPV racers, watched all of the videos and crashes (even from the best out there) and determined that I don't possess the dexterity nor the technical skill to take it on. Wish I was 20 years younger!

Welcome back!

Jerry

Nug,

I can't answer your question as I haven't tried that yet. I just wanted to chime in to say welcome back and to thank you again for your original Tower tutorial. If it wasn't for that tutorial I don't think I would have figured Tower out. I hope to see more from you. I looked into the FPV racers, watched all of the videos and crashes (even from the best out there) and determined that I don't possess the dexterity nor the technical skill to take it on. Wish I was 20 years younger!

Welcome back!

Jerry

Hey thanks Jerry. Glad you enjoyed the video and I appreciate the kind words. Regarding FPV, I guess most of the "young" folks aspire to do all those crazy flips and stunts. I just want to do some relaxing FPV flying and I'm not trying to be next best FPV pilot:). I just like the technology and making things fly. Autonomous flight is a lot more interesting to me tho so its time to do some more Tower missions :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44