Calibration Error

Reaction score
Hey guys, yesterday after owning the drone since Jan 2017, I got the "oh so fun" calibration error. After contacting 3DR and sending my logs, they advised me to do a factory reset. After several factory resets and attempted (but failed) level calibrations I gave up. I'm waiting on their follow up reply to see what happens next.
My questions are as follows:

1. If I have NEVER crashed it or landed hard, what could this be? IMU?
2. The drone was given to me as a gift and said family member didn't save the receipt, I'm I out of a replacement because of this? I still own all the original boxing.
3. If this is the IMU an they refused to replace, what options do I have?

Thanks for reading guys, I loved flying this bad boy and look forward to getting it back up in the air.

It is quite likely a hardware IMU failure if you can't get it to calibrate under any circumstances. Without the proof of purchase, you may not be eligible for warranty replacement. If that ends up being the case, or you don't want to wait, you can buy a replacement pixhawk here for $97.
3DR Pixhawk 2.0 Cube (SOLO Replacement)

Thanks man, it looks like I might be paying to do it myself. Are there instructions for how to replace it?

Thanks man, it looks like I might be paying to do it myself. Are there instructions for how to replace it?
Physical replacement is simply taking it apart, unscrewing it, screwing the new one on, and reassembling. At which point you will want to do a factory reset to the Solo, which will pull down and install the Pixhawk's firmware. I believe that's all you need to do firmware wise, but out of curiosity I just emailed mRo to verify.

Out of curiousity, if replacing the pixhawk doesn't work. What would be the next step?

There is no next step. All the IMUs that handle level calibration are in the pixhawk. There is nothing else to go wrong in that respect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc