Calibration Error - Please restart SOLO

Reaction score
I updated firmware yesterday to the latest, 1.3 I believe, and flew last night perfectly on two different batteries.

This morning I goto fly and I get an alert that reads, "Calibration Error - Please restart SOLO". Everytime I restart, the message comes back again after about 20 seconds. It never reaches the point of being Ready for Take Off.

I have change locations, orientations, replaced batteries, and restarted solo and controller many many times all with no luck. I have attempted to compass and level calibrate but the Alert would interrupt the process.

Any ideas. Assuming there is a hard factory reset someplace, should I attempt that?

Reactions: wbchoudhury
I'd contact support - it is likely you have a failed inertial sensor.

Hi Matt, can you reach out and submit a ticket to us? We may just be able to fix it with a Reset but let us take a look at that real quick. We'll need the last 10 logs. It does sound like a IMU issue, but the logs will tell us.

Hi Matt, can you reach out and submit a ticket to us? We may just be able to fix it with a Reset but let us take a look at that real quick. We'll need the last 10 logs. It does sound like a IMU issue, but the logs will tell us.

I did submit a ticket, it's #161671, but I didn't submit logs yet. Is there a way of getting logs without a smartphone or tablet? Can login via wifi terminal and grab them?

For the record, and I apologize if this sounds petty, why can't you guys support a few generations of older iOS Devices? You can't tell me that 2nd and 3rd generation iPads, and iPad Mini's, or the iPhone 5, even the 4s, is not powerful enough to change settings, make calibrations, submit logs. Slowing the frame rate of live video or simply saying live video not available on this device, but give me a break that it can't be done. Some people are in contracts, or can't afford or justify the latest device simply to execute a few commands. Or am I missing something? Ok rant over.

Also why would the IMU stop working? There was no crashes or impacts during transportation, everything was and always is handled carefully.

I did submit a ticket, it's #161671, but I didn't submit logs yet. Is there a way of getting logs without a smartphone or tablet? Can login via wifi terminal and grab them?

For the record, and I apologize if this sounds petty, why can't you guys support a few generations of older iOS Devices? You can't tell me that 2nd and 3rd generation iPads, and iPad Mini's, or the iPhone 5, even the 4s, is not powerful enough to change settings, make calibrations, submit logs. Slowing the frame rate of live video or simply saying live video not available on this device, but give me a break that it can't be done. Some people are in contracts, or can't afford or justify the latest device simply to execute a few commands. Or am I missing something? Ok rant over.

Matt
not that easy
Do some checking on developing mobile apps. I am 30 hours in on a course for Android. Every new device and operating system has a feature set. When you chose to write your code you have to balance the features you need versus the operating system most in use.
If you could write an app that took advantage of the latest OS for every device ever developed then it would be as easy as you say.
but even apple does not support the newest operating system on older devices.
Nor does android

3Dr like most software developers need the OS to have certain capabilities built in. Some of the older OS's and Android versions just cant support the technology
Now if you could hack that IPad 1 to run the latest greatest Mobile OS you would be in good shape. Oh wait, you cant hack apple
so maybe try android?
Android studio allows me to build the App I am working on for 4.4 and forward. that covers over half the android users out there.
that also mirrors the current solo app

I appreciate the time involved in developing apps. I'll note though, that all the devices I am referring to are running the latest os versions, and apple iOS is apple iOS, it's Android with a million different variables. All the capabilities are the same on current models as they are one the older models. And when I say older models i mean a year or two.

Been back and fourth with tech support, did multiple factory resets, and nothing has worked. Probably restarted 50 times today and every single time it says Calibration Error - Restart Solo.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Hi Matt. This is probably something you have tried, but when I had a problem with my controller I unplugged the battery while the controller was powered on, waited about 10 sec. and plugged it back in, and it took care of it. My problem occurred after a factory reset, so it was a simple fix. Don't know if that might help, but I thought I would throw it out there. Good luck.

Mine flashes it up and then goes to "fly". This is only on table test.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought I would try things again, after the battery being off the solo for 12 to 15hrs, and everything worked fine. It booted up like a champ and flew perfectly.

The question is what caused it and what fixed it. Did some sort of reset happen by all electricity escaping all the logic board components and sensors?

3DR Tech support communicated with me via email and phone nine times between 4pm and 10pm last night. After reviewing my logs, they sent me email pretty late at night saying we think we know what the problem is and how to fix it. I'll let you know what they say, but their Tech Support was all over this problem.

Seriously, 9 emails updating me or asking me for info, as late as 10pm. Thats some solid service.

I thought I would try things again, after the battery being off the solo for 12 to 15hrs, and everything worked fine. It booted up like a champ and flew perfectly.

The question is what caused it and what fixed it. Did some sort of reset happen by all electricity escaping all the logic board components and sensors?

3DR Tech support communicated with me via email and phone nine times between 4pm and 10pm last night. After reviewing my logs, they sent me email pretty late at night saying we think we know what the problem is and how to fix it. I'll let you know what they say, but their Tech Support was all over this problem.

Seriously, 9 emails updating me or asking me for info, as late as 10pm. Thats some solid service.

Matt...I know this is an old thread, but do you remember what they said?

Thanks...

--

Bill

I've had that twice. Both times it was a hardware IMU failure and the solo was replaced under warranty. Electronics don't typically heal themselves overnight so I don't expect that to happen again.

Hi Matt, I hope that your problem was fixed. Now I am facing the same problem. Could you please let me know how you solved asap. Thank you very much!

wow, i had given up on Solo, but i just saw all the activity on this thread. No, I haven't fixed it, but I'm going to give it another try tomorrow and then ill post an update.

Reactions: TerryWell
So I bought a solo 2 days ago flown it maybe 5 times and I've had to do 3 factor resets on it in the past day. Has anyone else had this issue I see some people have but any advice would be great

So I bought a solo 2 days ago flown it maybe 5 times and I've had to do 3 factor resets on it in the past day. Has anyone else had this issue I see some people have but any advice would be great
...and why have you had to do those resets? Cal errors?

Been back and fourth with tech support, did multiple factory resets, and nothing has worked. Probably restarted 50 times today and every single time it says Calibration Error - Restart Solo.

Has anybody else had this problem?
Yes me

Hi, i have the same message error "Calibration error" i restarted several time my 3dr solo and nothing change that. Any solution?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377