Buyer beware on Wallop

Reaction score
Hey all just figured I would let you all know, there is a guy on wallop selling a 3dr for 500. Goes by the name Devon from Akron. He screwed my buddy out of it and yes I told my buddy it was too good to be true. He is now being investigated by the FBI. But his ad is still on the site. Just a heads up.

Just an update on the wallopp purchase.. My friend who purchased it sent the money through paypal. Paypal does have a customer guarantee but they do not guarantee anything on wallopp. So my friend sent it to the FBI technology and Fraud department and well lets just say they have bigger fish to fry. The guy I was talking about is Devon from Ohio, he now has it priced at 750

What type of problems?
In my case I am selling 2 road bikes, and a guy messaged me to email him about more specifics (Which I did)
He said in his message that he was using his friends phone, After I emailed him I received emails from 2 other email addresses both saying similar but conflicting info. Long story short... He said he was gonna send a check with an extra amount some of which I should keep for holding the bikes for him and the remainder was to be sent to his "Delivery/pickup" company out of state. Basically cash the check take out the remainder and send it. (Of course this is gonna be a fraudulent check and I'm gonna get burned) So i'm gonna contact the authorities as soon as I receive this check. Beware of stuff on wallapop.

In my case I am selling 2 road bikes, and a guy messaged me to email him about more specifics (Which I did)
He said in his message that he was using his friends phone, After I emailed him I received emails from 2 other email addresses both saying similar but conflicting info. Long story short... He said he was gonna send a check with an extra amount some of which I should keep for holding the bikes for him and the remainder was to be sent to his "Delivery/pickup" company out of state. Basically cash the check take out the remainder and send it. (Of course this is gonna be a fraudulent check and I'm gonna get burned) So i'm gonna contact the authorities as soon as I receive this check. Beware of stuff on wallapop.

Wow that's a pretty sad con, they could have at least made it seem somewhat believable for ya. Apparently even scammers are getting lazy and unoriginal. Thanks for the heads up guys

Update Haven't seen a check. But I'm trying to string this guy along and I will tell him I sent the money and then have him chase his tail it will be a hoot. (I'm gonna leave the authorities out)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40