Bought a week ago, 3 flights now calibration error...what to do?

Reaction score
After my initial purchase, the first solo wouldn't connect to any gps so I returned it for this latest one that has been flawless and easier to setup and fly than I could have imagined. Well went to fly it yesterday and kept getting a calibration error over and over with the controller constantly vibrating. Contacted support and they were great, I must say I was hesitant because of all the awful support reviews on amazon and other places but they were fantastic. Ryan is who I dealt with and responded very quickly with help sending the logs and reviewing them

"Thank you for contacting 3Drobotics.

Hope your day is going well,

I have reviewed the logs and I see there is an issue with a sensor, please send us the receipt, address, phone and SOLO serial number.

Best Regards,

Ryan Renteria
3D Robotics
Tech Support Agent"

Now as happy as I am with the customer service, is this going to be a persistent issue? I have a blast flying this and want to do it regularly (a few times a week weather permitting) but if there are going to be constant issues with things of this nature I wonder if I should get one of the other drones out there, if this is out of warranty and there is some major issue i'll basically be out a drone and that's an expensive desk ornament. Thanks for all the insight you guys have been great and first convinced me to go with this drone, I hope it continues to be a good one other than this issue.

Welcome, BearJoo. Any UAS can have a hardware problem. The question is how the company treats those issues. The fact you are happy with the 3DR service should tell you a lot. I have had nothing but good come of my dealings with 3DR customer support. It is far above the support I had with my previous UAS, which happened to be white in color. I finally quit calling them and called 3rd party repair places for answers. So, if you like Solo, and you are happy with the support, you kinda answered your own question. Besides, you also have the support of this forum and the great people on it. Good luck, and safe flying.

Reactions: BearJoo
Welcome, BearJoo. Any UAS can have a hardware problem. The question is how the company treats those issues. The fact you are happy with the 3DR service should tell you a lot. I have had nothing but good come of my dealings with 3DR customer support. It is far above the support I had with my previous UAS, which happened to be white in color. I finally quit calling them and called 3rd party repair places for answers. So, if you like Solo, and you are happy with the support, you kinda answered your own question. Besides, you also have the support of this forum and the great people on it. Good luck, and safe flying.

Thanks and I hope to be on here for a while contributing and picking brains. I guess I hope that there will be a consistent show of solid customer support not just a one time deal, but so far so good. I also am thinking of getting a second unit for times like this where I'd be down a drone waiting on the back and forth shipping to be repaired. I hoped to get a bit more flight time out of it before an issue but I guess sorting the bugs out of it early is also a good thing.

Got my Solo last Monday....fell in love after a couple of lights. Then Friday evening I get this calibration error. Sent in my logs but it was after hours in Friday. Got to chat with 3dr today and they are reviewing my logs. I am hoping that this is something we can fix over the Internet. I have gotte a little attached to this bird...my Phantom 3 that was my first quad about a month ago has sat staring at me since I got the solo...I think this quad has some kind of "Black Magic" inside of it! Lol

Reactions: Spectre95
Just received word from 3DR and my logs show that an accelerometer is faulty and they will replace my solo. This is pretty impressive customer service!

Reactions: Spectre95

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo