Blocked battery help

Reaction score
Hi,
After a stupid drift i went straight to hi a tree and broke all the props. But that´s is not the issue. Now i cannot take out the battery. I have tried smoothly, hard, but i am afraid to brake something inside which i am not aware of.
I have already opened a TT to help desk, but just in case any of you guys had the same issue maybe you could share the solution.
Thx.

Some batteries get stuck in the tray. On the solo, at the end where the battery slides OFF the solo, press down on the plastic shell of the solo while you are trying to slide the battery out (over the top of where you are pressing down).

Edit: See this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: echef and Maddog
Well, this is the answer of 3dr support:

"
We are truly sorry you had a crash.

Sometimes with the force of the impact, the battery get stuck like in this occasion, we don't have an official procedure for this cases, there are some videos in YouTube showing how to unstuck the battery.

If after reviewing the videos, you still having the same issue, you can send the Solo to our authorized repair center:
www.currentuas.com
619-880-7827
Shipping address is:
2323 Avenida Costa Este Ste. 700, San Diego, CA 92153

Hope this info was helpful; ...
"
Since i am not in the states that does not really help me much.

Thx Frank, i´ve already tried that as well. It is like it was really glued. There is no way a side or something, shakes or misbehave.
It is blocked!!!
Btw, with what lasted from the batterry and with the new props i irdered, i tried a little take off and landing and it showed nothing "fisical or in the brain was harmed".
GPS locked, steady hold, normal response...etc.
Still figuring how to take out the battery without blood and surgery.

Solved:
After thinking a lot and losing great chance to fly during easter holidays, i came across a thought:
1.- Flying test ok, with remaining battery
2.- No mechanical damage or lose parts.
3.- No sounds of broken pieces.
4.- Leveraging the battery from the other side of the connector did not help, and it was still stuck on the release button.

What i did instead of using any harming material was to slide gently a broken prop through the battery release button and into the hole until i heard a little kilick and then i could release it.

Tried again the at hoer battery, no problem. Tried the first battery a no problem at all, so... back to flying. Hope that helps for others.

Reactions: hidavid
Solved:
After thinking a lot and losing great chance to fly during easter holidays, i came across a thought:
1.- Flying test ok, with remaining battery
2.- No mechanical damage or lose parts.
3.- No sounds of broken pieces.
4.- Leveraging the battery from the other side of the connector did not help, and it was still stuck on the release button.

What i did instead of using any harming material was to slide gently a broken prop through the battery release button and into the hole until i heard a little kilick and then i could release it.

Tried again the at hoer battery, no problem. Tried the first battery a no problem at all, so... back to flying. Hope that helps for others.

Late but anyway I wanted to thank you for the tipp with the Prop, not being able to take the battery out was driving me crazy. with a fair amount of leveraging I was able to get it out.

Scratching the sides of the battery wasn't needed then I guess :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000