Better and better!

Reaction score
Got my machine 6/15, one of the 1st from BB. A few hiccups from the start, some mine, some theres. But the experience keeps getting better and better. Faster connections, better app reliability. Im 27 days into the very beginning, of course there are going to be start-ups. But, I'm flying max performance GPS mode and have total confidence. Going to Manual next and crank it up. It may not be the bird of all birds,,but show me one that is. All in all I think this is a winner, albeit we are still awaiting "you know what". We knew going in there would be issues, just hope we wait until all the evidence is in before we convict, just maybe it will be the best of the best. Jus' sayin'.

I'm having the same experience, a bumby frustrating start, a replacement, and problem free since!
Each flight just makes me love the Solo a bit more.

Last edited:
Reactions: DattaGroover
Got my machine 6/15, one of the 1st from BB. A few hiccups from the start, some mine, some theres. But the experience keeps getting better and better. Faster connections, better app reliability. Im 27 days into the very beginning, of course there are going to be start-ups. But, I'm flying max performance GPS mode and have total confidence. Going to Manual next and crank it up. It may not be the bird of all birds,,but show me one that is. All in all I think this is a winner, albeit we are still awaiting "you know what". We knew going in there would be issues, just hope we wait until all the evidence is in before we convict, just maybe it will be the best of the best. Jus' sayin'.
Encouraging to hear Dave, I've been wanting to get out and do some more flights since the update but it's been too damn hot. I'm on board with you, I knew there would be issues but have a great deal of patience and knew it would be worth it as things continue to improve, yes and still just waiting on that you know what.

I believe these people are working hard, overwhelmed, absolutely, a total failure, far from it. It was never meant to be a P3! Who needs a "I'm just like you?" They have niche, Solo has there's. As we get closer to Christmas season, my bet is that there will be a whole array of "cool stuff" from all the mfg's. Im betting on 3DR for the whole experience,quality flying , warranty, Tech Support, and Customer Service. Jus' sayin"

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Encouraging!

Reactions: SKP
I'm having the same experience, a bumby frustrating start, a replacement, and problem free since!
Each flight just makes me love the Solo a bit more.
Nice. I know you were having some problems early on. I'm on the road, and left my Solo at home. Without the gimbal, it's not worth it to me to drag it around.

Glad to hear it, while I've had some minor issues mines getting better and better as well. I'm very confident once I get it up and in some space all my issues were in small areas at low altitude. Even though I've had others without these issues I still trust solo more once it's in the air. It flies great comes down to land smooth, without looking like its having a seizure, I love it and when gopro is set right I'm even pretty happy with how smooth you can get video with a little effort until gimbals out.

Keep up the great work 3dr and good luck to everybody flying them.

I believe these people are working hard, overwhelmed, absolutely, a total failure, far from it. It was never meant to be a P3! Who needs a "I'm just like you?" They have niche, Solo has there's. As we get closer to Christmas season, my bet is that there will be a whole array of "cool stuff" from all the mfg's. Im betting on 3DR for the whole experience,quality flying , warranty, Tech Support, and Customer Service. Jus' sayin"

I was this optimistic with 3DR until I tried going far for once. I've read so many people have issues and pointing it to hardware. No matter how many app and firmware updates they push, it can't fix these issues. I would love their next revision of this drone or an upgraded version but the Solo was rushed in my opinion.

I agree 100%, us older folks who have been down these roads themselves before, we understand that the people behind the scenes are only human. And going through the stress of a new product release is more than overwhelming as they try to stick to their promises. As we speak, the staff at 3DR I'm sure is spending very little time with family much less any time off. Those are the sacrifices that have to be made to be number one, they are costly, and mostly thankless. Only those of us who have been through that type of pressure can understand. So many consumers demand immediate perfection right out the door and get pissed if the slightest little thing is not right, they expect immediate gratification, and pound their fists if they don't get it. I'm just glad I don't work for 3DR right now lol! I used to be a software developer, even after beta, The final release was never perfect, it was always a work in progress, but it eventually got it right and it became the best in the business, ( Eaglesoftdg.com) but updates were continuous as was any new software or product release. Either way, you always had to contend with the angry mob with raised fists. Those who did not have the patience and bailed, if 3DR stays on top,
they will be back.

Last edited:
I am slowly getting my confidence back again with the new updates.. I flew it tonight for about 10 mins and it was pretty good. Still a little scared to fly it in manual so I am slowly stretching my legs.

Glad there are people with no hiccups. I doubt there are ANY companies out there that don't have ANY issues. This is one that they rushed to the market, but they are doing what they can... which for some isn't enough. To have birds just sitting not being able to fly is a sad time for anyone and not communicating and just letting people fume is a bad idea.

Ryan G

I totally agree with you Dave. Any problems I have had have been my own doing....like lining up a Selfie shot backwards and nearly running the Solo into my house! LOL! This company is committed to this product and will see it out from cradle to grave. Unlike the other one that puts out a new product then forgets about the previous. But, that is their business model and it will always be that way.
At least now we have a company that is supporting a product that will keep getting better and better. They are very open about what they are doing, you can actually call them and talk with them on the phone, and I have some of their email addresses in which they actually respond when I ask a question.
The company is not new but right now they just grew exponentially with the Solo release and they are having some growing pains. In the end if they can grow wisely they will be the dominate drone manufacturer in the U.S.

One more little side note........yes I know the Solo is manufactured in China but 3DR is a U.S. Company which is getting the dollars from its sale.
I will no longer support a company in a country that continually hacks into our government and corporations computer systems as well as uses a portion of their GDP to build up their military that could possibly be used against us one day. nope!

I will no longer support a company in a country that continually hacks into our government and corporations computer systems as well as uses a portion of their GDP to build up their military that could possibly be used against us one day. nope!

Afraid you have no choice. Anytime you go shopping there is going to be a majority of items in your cart that come from China. Most the time there are not going to be other options for you. It's either buy or go without.

Sad but true.

Afraid you have no choice. Anytime you go shopping there is going to be a majority of items in your cart that come from China. Most the time there are not going to be other options for you. It's either buy or go without.

Sad but true.
I know.....:(

Reactions: rrmccabe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela