BestBuy is gearing up for the Solo Release on June 8th

Received an email from 3DR today saying that the Gimbal is going through final testing for control functionality through the HERO Bus and will begin shipping in July. For the inconvenience, "anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD)."

I pre-ordered the Solo from Best Buy and ordered the gimbal and a spare battery directly from 3DR. I sent back a reply asking if this applies to Solos pre-ordered through Best Buy or does it have to be an order directly through 3DR.

Waiting for a reply.

Attachments

• 3dr battery.JPG
    3dr battery.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Received an email from 3DR today saying that the Gimbal is going through final testing for control functionality through the HERO Bus and will begin shipping in July. For the inconvenience, "anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD)."

I pre-ordered the Solo from Best Buy and ordered the gimbal and a spare battery directly from 3DR. I sent back a reply asking if this applies to Solos pre-ordered through Best Buy or does it have to be an order directly through 3DR.

Waiting for a reply.

No go on the free battery based on the Price Match guarantee. They have a clause in their price guarantee specifically saying that they don't match items included "Free" with orders.

I was going to pre-order it two days ago from Best Buy. The delivery date was 6/8. For some reason, I decided to do it the next day in the morning, and guess what??? Now the Solo is not available for pre-orders anymore?! WTF??? What is up with that???

Did anyone receive any shipping or tracking info from DSLRPros???

kmd

Just got an e-mail from BestBuy saying my pre-order release date has changed to 6/17/15

:(

Not in stock in my area though when you try and do store pickup for gimbal

Attachments

• 3dr.jpg
    3dr.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 4
I plan to use B&H to buy (or Amazon if they ever put a link up). Has anyone just ordered the Solo with no gimbal and received an extra battery?

I plan to use B&H to buy (or Amazon if they ever put a link up). Has anyone just ordered the Solo with no gimbal and received an extra battery?
I just chatted with a B&H agent and Solo without the gimbal does come with 2 batteries!
You have been connected to Whitney H.
Whitney H: Hello gregsh. My name is Whitney. How can I help you ?
gregsh : Does buying the 3DR Solo with no gimbal come with an extra battery?
Whitney H: Yes. All copter order will come with the extra battery.
gregsh: So then it comes with quantity two? Since it already had one in the kit, and 3DR is offering an extra (2nd) battery too, right?
gregsh: The "in the box" tab does not say it comes with 2...
Whitney H: Yes you will have two batteries.
gregsh: ok, thanks for the information!

Reactions: Jimmy
Great to hear, but I believe B&H purchases arrived to people with only one battery, the Solo was direct shipped from China as expected. I guess once more start arriving we'll know for sure, but this video is from B&H purchaser and there is no extra battery...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would be interested to see if this pans out as well. Because 3DR actually did ship Solo only orders on time. Only the gimbal guys were inconvenienced.

Course if it was up to me... free batteries for everyone !

Reactions: dirkclod and Jimmy
What ever happened with this? Did you order the gimbal and get another free battery?
Yes I did order the gimbal next day. I do not expect another free battery and that was not the reason to order separately. I just want to make sure the Solo will be shipped as soon as it becomes available. Even if partial shipment is promised, there is always the possibility it falls through the cracks. The Solo order shows the 2nd battery and the grand total is still $999.95. I am hoping my Solo ships soon followed by the gimbal not too much later.

Apparently Best Buy has stock but cant sell till 17th however you can buy props and batteries TODAY.

Read this on another forum.

image-28eacbc3.jpg

Its the Solo thread on that one crappy site??? RCgroups.com

Talked to my Best Buy yesterday. They have a few Solos in stock but can't sell them until the 17th (that's the street date listed in their system). The weird thing is a rep from 3DR said he has no idea why Best Buy won't sell them before the 17th.

Anyone lining up for the Solo tomorrow at a Best Buy store?

Probably wont find any was it seems most stores just have a couple and everyone on the forums had bought them over the last 3 days !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea