Best Tablet for use?

It seems to me the favorite Android tablet is the Nvidia Shield. I've used several Androids, and right now have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A dedicated to Solo use. Works great with everything.

Are you running Tower on yours?

Are you running Tower on yours?
Yes, Tower runs just fine. I'm usually using Solex, though. During summer months I'll likely use Tower quite a bit more for pre-planned missions but for now Solex is most convenient.

I found the Galaxy Tab A worked okay but it was just really slow in general. I may just use my Nexus 6P since I can extend the holder a little bit but I did turn into a few freezes during flight that concerned me. The general slowness of the tablet made me worry about it during flight. Still undecided on if I'll take it back but we'll see.

Hi new to Solo......I been reading about tablets to use here and other forums, to get an idea what are the needs in general for us to fly safe and with all the requirements cover....
I had read about drones going away... can't have RTH to work or follow me not working some times...I have read about guys getting terrific deals on tablets with networks... paying $10, $15 a month for WIFI only tablets ... but I'm not sure the Geotagging use on the WIFI only Tablets will do the job for us...
If some one older here with more experience can discuses a bit about it we all can learn and maybe those WIFI only tablets can be use....Some are Real good deals! the Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8" is been a give away lately.

This link below will help with the Galaxy specs ( one of the most popular tablets we use ).

http://www.thegalaxytabforum dot com ( if page cant be found just ad .com at the end on the link )

Part of the problem I think is that the Tablets that come with just WIFI HAVE NO GPS (most of them ...some do) For example SM-T330 Galaxy Tab4 8.0 WiFi uses Geotagging ONLY...when I read on about Geotagging I'm not sure is the GPS we need for the drone.

Great forum a lot of knowledge here!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc