Best tablet for controller?

they say galaxy tab a will work but it comes in around 6.5 inch width. and my 6plus barely fit. i am trying to choose something android off best buy canada. haha.

Last edited:
there are screen protectors that can reduce glare. and as far as android tablets i recommend the samsung galaxy tab s 8.4, nvidia shield or google nexus. at the moment, the are listed as incompatible but it is a configuration issue and will be resolved shortly.

I picked up the Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 just after Christmas and so far so good. The screen brightness set to 100% on a bright TX day with no need for a screen protector or visor. Had a hard time seeing the drone at points due to the sun but the screen was easily viewable. It also fits great on the controller clamp.

Reactions: Trevor
I've been using the AT&T Trek HD with my Solo. It seems to work fine and it's nice that it has cellular data. Only problem I am having is the glare from the screen. I'm hoping a anti-glare screen protector will help.

Reactions: Linuxpilot
Get a tablet with a barometer as well as GPS if you want dynamic altitude, I'm not an Apple guy but my mini 4 works great.

Does anyone know why my video reception with a new Phantom 3 is so poor. Not in terms of resolution but it is jumpy and lags behind the camera, makes if very difficult to fly smoothly by watching the monitor, it is a delayed jumpy image. Tried both the Samsung Galaxy S5 Cell and Samsung Galaxy Tab4 monitors. Thanks.

Excuse me, but why would you post a question about anything other than a 3DR drone in this forum?

I bought a Samsung tab A6 tablet but I just noticed that it doesn't have a compass sensor.can I still use it to fly my solo drone?

Thanks

Most use either the Nvidia k1 or the nexus 7 (2013). I use the latter. Happy flying!

Hello to 3DR Pilots Forum, I'm a newbee soon to be flying for the County for road repair. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab SMT377VZKA tablet 8" WIFI and cellular. Will this work ??
Sorry for the redundancy.

I am using the ZTE AT&T TREK 2 HD K88 9" tablet which is a cheap tablet that has data. Specs are:
  • Brilliant 8" Corning® Gorilla® Glass HD display with Resolution (1280x800)
  • Dolby Audio™ powered dual front-facing speakers
  • Octa-core power processor Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 617 (1.5 Ghz) and 2GB RAM and 16GB Memory (expandable memory up to 128GB)
  • 4,600mAh long-lasting battery (up to 10 hours)
  • 5 MP f2.8 Rear-facing camera and 5 MP Front-facing camera
I have in order the Huawei + Harman Kardon MediaPad M3 8.0 Octa Core 8.4" which has a screen brighter than the Ipad mini 4 and overall better specs.
Screen Size 8.4 inches
Screen Resolution 2560 x 1600 pixels
Max Screen Resolution 2560x1600 pixels
Processor 2.3 GHz
RAM 4 GB DDR3
Hard Drive 32 GB
Chipset Brand Mali-T880 MP4 900 MHz
Card Description Integrated
Wireless Type 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
Operating System Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) + Huawei EMUI 4.1
8MP camera
Sound is supposed to be great but do not care for it.
I will also use it with my phantom 4 pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle