Best Practices/UAV Cinematography Course-Free

I just got back from this awesome course. I wish nobody else showed up so I could just geek with Douglas one on one, but alas, it was a full house (and full 45 mins before starting!). If you get a chance to catch it, I definitely would - there's something for everyone. You folks are in for a treat in Seattle, tomorrow!

It was really great to meet you Douglas, and I hope to catch another seminar soon! Thank you and thank Drones+ for putting this on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acroduster
That would be good (they have pens). I recorded the audio. Someone with the staff recorded it on gopro, but don't know if it's available.

I also want to thank Douglas for the great presentation in Seattle last night and generosity with his time after the event. The cinematography presentation was killer and the 333/107 explanations were extremely helpful. If you're anywhere near where one of these talks is happening, I strongly encourage attending.

Douglas - Thank you very much for your very informative presentation, I'm taking the manual training to heart.

Speaking of which, does anyone have the link to the flight training manual Douglas mentioned? I've poked around the DronesPlus.com site to no avail.

Hi Guys, just getting home after this first leg of the tour. Thanks to each of you who came up and identified who you are in the forums; I very much enjoyed meeting each of you, and each of you were an inspiration of one sort or another. Steve was terrifically cool about me picking on him here n' there during the PDX presentation. Ed, I promise to find a link to the booklet tomorrow and post it here. Shawn had also indicated he'd print copies for those that were willing to come to the SEATTLE store.
Much gratitude to the people in this forum that attended; It's indescribable to put handshakes to so many names/nyms, to share a drink, or to at the very least, be inspired by your presence.

See ya on the East coast, hopefully soon.

Douglas, do you balance your props and/or hubs?
I balance props, but not hubs. I rarely balance props any more either; I'm pretty happy with the flight results these days. However, it's a practice for the bigger units on every shoot, and part of setup. I could spend an hour on that topic alone, but opted to not.

bigger rigs for sure, the X8 650 I just built rattles like heck.
But that is because I crashed it and chewed up the props
]

Douglas will any of this course deal with the new regs on 107 or is this a creative course?

Douglas will any of this course deal with the new regs on 107 or is this a creative course?

yes. 107, 333, 336, 636 are all a brief part of the discussion. It'll be good to quit saying "This is what's coming" and convert it to "This is what's here, and here's what you'll need to know.

Reactions: pyrate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela