Best Practices/UAV Cinematography Course-Free

Reaction score
If you're in Las Vegas, Portland, Hollywood, Seattle, you'll want to make it to this event. This is a single-evening version of the Master Class I taught at NAB for $700.00 as part of the UAV sessions at the National Association of Broadcasters.

Freebie stuff from all manufacturers, I'm very excited to be doing these presentations for Drones Plus, DJI, Autel, 3DR, and Yuneec (and I'll have a couple other products with me too). Topics found below.

Free registration can be found:

Las Vegas Hollywood/Studio City Portland Seattle

Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Chicago are all in the scheduling stages for late summer.
I hope to meet some of you there. This is not a sales-event; it is a service Drones Plus and their vendors are providing for their customers/UAV operators.

Cinematography-Event.jpg

Intro to UAV/Drone Cinematography aka “Dronography”
  • Legal stuff
    • Pre-planning
    • Setups for popular UAV cameras
    • Codecs
    • Filters/lens options
    • Pre-flight/kneeboarding
We’ll also discuss 333 Exemptions, 336 Exemptions, the upcoming Part 107, and what it means to both hobbyist/recreational operators and commercial pilots. We’ll also have a brief discussion/demonstration of how Nav charts are read, and why you need to know this important information. Finally, we’ll provide a list of solid resources for your personal study.

Basics of Flight
  • Standard shot sequences/setups for best-success in post
In this segment, we’ll present standard camera moves, how they relate to cutting a story together, and provide the “best” look for client or your own video productions. We’ll dial into, and demonstrate creative shot types for best presentation of your subject matter.

The “Perfect” Checklist
  • Guaranteed successful story shot list aka "The Money Shots."
Every filmmaker/storyteller has a list of “gotta have” shots to assure that the story may be completely told. This list and demonstration of default/gotta-have shots will provide the tools you’ll want in order to satisfy every client.

The TOP 10 LIST

10 tips for perfect success on every shoot, one page at a time.

Processing Aerial Footage in Post
  • Standard editing techniques
  • Color correction standards/resolutions
  • Stabilization tools
This segment will look at various Non-linear Editing systems from Adobe, Blackmagic Design, Sony, and Apple. We’ll discuss and demonstrate common starting points, standard codec challenges/solutions, and techniques that will really make your footage shine.

We’ll also discuss and demonstrate post-stabilization solutions for those windy days that confound even the best gimbal systems.

Q&A

Come to Dallas please?
For such a big place we sure seem to miss a lot

Honestly slowly coming around to getting a 333

If you're in Las Vegas, Portland, Hollywood, Seattle, you'll want to make it to this event. This is a single-evening version of the Master Class I taught at NAB for $700.00 as part of the UAV sessions at the National Association of Broadcasters.

Freebie stuff from all manufacturers, I'm very excited to be doing these presentations for Drones Plus, DJI, Autel, 3DR, and Yuneec (and I'll have a couple other products with me too). Topics found below.

Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Chicago are all in the scheduling stages for late summer.
I hope to meet some of you there. This is not a sales-event; it is a service Drones Plus and their vendors are providing for their customers/UAV operators.

View attachment 3385

• Legal stuff
    • Pre-planning
    • Codecs
    • Filters/lens options
We’ll also discuss 333 Exemptions, 336 Exemptions, the upcoming Part 107, and what it means to both hobbyist/recreational operators and commercial pilots. We’ll also have a brief discussion/demonstration of how Nav charts are read, and why you need to know this important information. Finally, we’ll provide a list of solid resources for your personal study.

Basics of Flight
In this segment, we’ll present standard camera moves, how they relate to cutting a story together, and provide the “best” look for client or your own video productions. We’ll dial into, and demonstrate creative shot types for best presentation of your subject matter.

The “Perfect” Checklist
Every filmmaker/storyteller has a list of “gotta have” shots to assure that the story may be completely told. This list and demonstration of default/gotta-have shots will provide the tools you’ll want in order to satisfy every client.

The TOP 10 LIST

• Stabilization tools
This segment will look at various Non-linear Editing systems from Adobe, Blackmagic Design, Sony, and Apple. We’ll discuss and demonstrate common starting points, standard codec challenges/solutions, and techniques that will really make your footage shine.

We’ll also discuss and demonstrate post-stabilization solutions for those windy days that confound even the best gimbal systems.

Q&A

Awesome stuff Douglas! May get to one of them as you work your way East. Chicago maybe..

Reactions: Benzo

View attachment 3385

• Legal stuff
    • Pre-planning
    • Codecs
    • Filters/lens options

Basics of Flight

The “Perfect” Checklist

The TOP 10 LIST

• Stabilization tools

Q&A

I wish you were coming to Australia!

I'm negotiating with an organization in Virginia, who wants to produce the tour in the east. Yuneec and 3DR are sponsoring the western locations, I'm not sure they'll fund any eastern dates. If we had to charge a small fee to fund travel/room, what sort of a price would you be willing to pay for a half-day workshop?

Reactions: bluesgeek
2-$300 maybe, but honestly I have no clue. I have never been to a workshop that I paid for. My former employer did the few that I went to and have no idea what they paid.

2-$300 maybe, but honestly I have no clue. I have never been to a workshop that I paid for. My former employer did the few that I went to and have no idea what they paid.

At NAB, this course was $700.00, but I'm thinking for a tour, it should be no more than 100.00.

Reactions: Benzo

View attachment 3385

• Legal stuff
    • Pre-planning
    • Codecs
    • Filters/lens options

Basics of Flight

The “Perfect” Checklist

The TOP 10 LIST

• Stabilization tools

Q&A
Nice! I wish I could go.

This sounds like a great opportunity no matter your skill level. I'm eyeballing that SLC destination you said is in planning... How can I find out when it comes to reality? Are you going to be posting a follow-up for new location? Or is there a website we should be watching?

And mostly, thank you for doing this! I'm sure I speak for many when I say we appreciate it! :)

Reactions: sam

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc