Best Hero 4K Black AP Mode?

Reaction score
Cutting my teeth on the DIY side of the house, the cameras I have used in the past are cheap FPV models (e.g Fatshark). This is my first Gopro (Hero 4 black) and I am wondering what video recording mode is best for aerial videos? Doing Google searches is seems like 2.7K @ 60 FPS with a medium field of view is the sweet spot. Is that experience of others on this forum with P2s or other AP platforms with gimbals? Just playing around with settings in anticipation of the gimbal :)

well 4k looks wonderful if you can play it back.... But youre going to destroy alot of hard drive space to edit or archive it and spend days trying to upload it to youtube and such unless youre on fiber.
most everyone agrees that 1080P @60 looks good and can be slowed easily for slow mo.

I did some 2.7K 60 over the weekend which i still need to edit so i guess It may look better

1080 P 60 Medium is recommended

well 4k looks wonderful if you can play it back.... But youre going to destroy alot of hard drive space to edit or archive it and spend days trying to upload it to youtube and such unless youre on fiber.
most everyone agrees that 1080P @60 looks good and can be slowed easily for slow mo.

I did some 2.7K 60 over the weekend which i still need to edit so i guess It may look better

1080 P 60 Medium is recommended
Thanks for the quick response! I will give that a try over the weekend.
Cheers

2.7k cinema. Or 2.7k 60 fps medium have they're own distinctive look/appeal to them. I've done my fair share of searching and you will find a ton of beautiful footage shot of these settings. If your looking for something with a 3rd less quality in resolution 1080 looks great. And is a little quicker to work through. But I can see why 2.7k medium is rendered to as the sweet spot. Nothing against 1080. It's also got its look. However, 4k is beautiful too. For faster shots go with 2.7k 60fps. For slower go with 4k 24fps. You can incorporate both withoutwithout most noticing difference between the two of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Banas
2.7k cinema. Or 2.7k 60 fps medium have they're own distinctive look/appeal to them. I've done my fair share of searching and you will find a ton of beautiful footage shot of these settings. If your looking for something with a 3rd less quality in resolution 1080 looks great. And is a little quicker to worh through. But I can see why 2.7k medium is rendered to as the deer spot. Nothing against 1080. It's also got its look.
Good to know. I will give them both a shot.
Thanks!

Hi Nolan, howcome my hero 4 will not give me option for a 2.7K and 60fps, just 24fps, 48fps and 30fps. I have the ragecams 4.2mm HQ wide angle flat lens. listed here http://ragecams.com/shop/42mm-wide-....html?osCsid=497a71013bb4a1f7e38272f86daf3fa0

I have also read the best video resolution is 2.7K and 60fps but can't get it in my camera?

Thank You

2.7k cinema. Or 2.7k 60 fps medium have they're own distinctive look/appeal to them. I've done my fair share of searching and you will find a ton of beautiful footage shot of these settings. If your looking for something with a 3rd less quality in resolution 1080 looks great. And is a little quicker to work through. But I can see why 2.7k medium is rendered to as the sweet spot. Nothing against 1080. It's also got its look. However, 4k is beautiful too. For faster shots go with 2.7k 60fps. For slower go with 4k 24fps. You can incorporate both withoutwithout most noticing difference between the two of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc