Beat place for new batteries

Reaction score
hey where is everyone getting extra batteries? Bestbuy seems to be totally sold out.
Just wondering where I can get a couple for the best price!
Thanks

hey where is everyone getting extra batteries? Bestbuy seems to be totally sold out.
Just wondering where I can get a couple for the best price!
Thanks

Go to amazon they have 2 new supplier that are making the battery but very expensive mind you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buy another 299 kit from BB, strip the copter down to parts.
The battery charger goes for about 40-50
the motor pods you can get 125-150 ish for all 4
the main board about 75 with the cube
the shell about 50-75
the controller with charger about $40-50
you can come out ahead and keep the new battery, or also keep the battery charger

:)

Reactions: Bilge
Dmaxx- unfortunately Best Buy had the last batteries made for Solo. Now, the only way to get one will be to do what the prior posters said .

People who have extras will be charging a premium for them.:(

Not quite the pricing that Best Buy had, but better than what I've seen from most Amazon and eBay sellers...

3DR Solo Smart Battery

840da474fcae4ed77204228c24100567.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were $45 a couple of weeks ago in San Diego at Fry's....I bought then

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They were $45 a couple of weeks ago in San Diego at Fry's....I bought then

I did the same. Did a double-take when I saw the price jump. Guess their only real price competition was Best Buy.

If there is any consolation in any of this.....DJI batteries are $150 each....what a ripoff....just another reason not to buy DJI.....they remind me of Apple....charge whatever they want....their s#/t doesn't stink...

Sorry, just had to make that comment

Reactions: Maddog
Does frys have any left? What's their website? Just want to get a couple before they're gone! But on the other hand I crashed it very bad last night

Well, I would see if your Solo is fixable first before buying any more batteries

Yea I'm sure it's fixable! It powers up pairs with controller finds gps and you can start it up but only 3 motors work and 1-2 of those don't sound good!
And I'll be honest that was in my first 20 min of flying the brand new drone I just received yesterday. I was stunned when it hit the tree! I was loving it! I def should of had the GoPro on it then!
Has anyone here unboxed and crashed?
I will buy another and another battery
Thanks

Does frys have any left? What's their website? Just want to get a couple before they're gone! But on the other hand I crashed it very bad last night

Go to: www.frys.com and search for 3DR at the top. It will give you a list of all 3DR brand and compatible accessories they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I'm sure it's fixable! It powers up pairs with controller finds gps and you can start it up but only 3 motors work and 1-2 of those don't sound good!
And I'll be honest that was in my first 20 min of flying the brand new drone I just received yesterday. I was stunned when it hit the tree! I was loving it! I def should of had the GoPro on it then!
Has anyone here unboxed and crashed?
I will buy another and another battery
Thanks
You should have read the manual first....then take to a wide open area to learn the basics of flying .....

Sorry for your loss.....let us know if you want to part that out.....

If there is any consolation in any of this.....DJI batteries are $150 each....what a ripoff....just another reason not to buy DJI.....they remind me of Apple....charge whatever they want....their s#/t doesn't stink...

Sorry, just had to make that comment

I'll take my iOS devices, MacBook Pro and iMac any day all day over Android/Windows/Linux devices. They just work flawlessly.

However, I wouldn't have any work (MCSE here) if it wasn't for all those Windows and Android machines! In all fairness they have to code their OS's to work on hundreds of devices and therein lies the key to Apple's success. If you compare a descent Windows Ultrabook to a MacBook, cost is not a factor. Same with the new Google Pixl phone.

Just sayin'. YOU brought it up!

I've always said that iPhones are smart phones for dummies. :)

If you buy a laptop for $299 you get a $299 laptop. I did pick up a really nice new Lenovo Chromebook 13 for around $200 last year. Chrome O/S is awesome. Linux Mint is pretty good too. Not a Microsoft fan here.

NOT
a DJI fan at all! I'd go either Autel or Yuneec (have a Breeze 4k already) for another Quad when the time comes. I plan on flying the Solo for at least a couple years. Heck, I'm typing this on a 2012 MacBook Pro that STILL edits Photo and Video great!

Was referring mostly to DJI and what they are charging......exorbitant prices that DJI & Apple charge for the products is crazy

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyXlsa
Was referring mostly to DJI and what they are charging......exorbitant prices that DJI & Apple for the products is crazy

To be fair, 3DR was selling the batteries for $150 a pop too, until the whole abandoning of the consumer market thing brought the price down. Had they not been forced to refocus solely on the corporate market, you can be pretty certain Solo batteries would still cost the same.

Not saying it's not exorbitant whoever is charging those kinds of prices for batteries, but that's capitalism for 'ya - charge what the market will bear.

But yrs from now, all prices will be coming down.......market saturation, development of newer & better technology, availability, & more competitors will drive prices much lower.....

It is just a matter of when to pull the trigger on buying one......now...a yr from now, or 2 yrs from now......whether one can settle for older technology ( like the Solo ) or the need to have the latest & greatest......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000