Battery - Lower Threshold %

At me the discharge stops at 12.8 volts. How do you get to merge to 12.1 volts?

Since the voltage drop off is nonlinear, effectively using the last 10% or 15% when doing filming missions is problematic. I like to be close to Home and headed down before the warning. With 6 batteries in the backpack I don't think I have ever felt I wasted that marginal 10%.

If you are just burning holes in the sky and are close to your landing point then the risks are less.

I find little utility in trying to push things into the 10% or less range. For me it is there for emergency use. YMMV.

I agree. Mission dependent. That additional 1-2 minutes taking it down to 10% or 8% could make the difference in a long cable cam or auto mission. But under circumstances without timing issue, it's not a waste.

At me the discharge stops at 12.8 volts. How do you get to merge to 12.1 volts?
What are you using to discharge it? Make sure you're setting it for 4S discharge. Not some other capacity or storage mode or something.

interesting
since some of my batteries are getting pretty long in the tooth
anyone putting together a video on how to do this?
I have a charger, are we saying just use it to discharge to a certain voltage?

No, I have a HiTec X4 Eighty which works great. Just wish I could charge at 6A with mine. Limited to 80 watts per channel (5.3A). I rarely use more than two channels at a time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut off voltage means your charger is programmed to stop at 12.8v. look to see if there is a setting to lower it.

When the charger stops at 12.8 volts, I pull the wires from the charger and connect a 24 volt lamp to the tester and watch for a few minutes until the voltage drops to 12.1 volts. I turn off the battery and connect it to the charger:)

why is 12.1 relevant / better? I have first battery going bonkers on me. Trying to discharge battery to 12.1, But it's taking forever.
It's down to 8.0% 15.50 Volts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc