Bahia Honda state park.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I used to live up the highway near Key Largo and would go to Bahia Honda for snorkeling a lot. It's illegal to take off and land a drone inside a State Park in Florida, but you can launch and recover from outside the park boundary. I really miss the Caribbean!

Great scenery! What happened to that bridge- looks like a missing section?

I kept hearing a "beeping". Just me :confused: or did anyone else hear it?

The bridge is one of many that were part of the original highway that ran from the mainland south of Miami all the way to Key West. It was replaced a few decades ago with a new highway and parallel bridges. They removed spans to keep people from crossing these old bridges. One of these bridge sections can be seen being blown up in the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, "True Lies". I think the beeping was part of the music.

Reactions: Maddog

Yeah, the beeping was a little annoying to me too. I think it is because I choose a free soundtrack in YouTube editor. Just liked the music and didn't wanna spend too much time looking for another one - still better than prop noise ;)

Reactions: Maddog
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I used to live up the highway near Key Largo and would go to Bahia Honda for snorkeling a lot.

I liked to snorkel at Sombrero Reef a lot more than at this park, just convenience of getting in by the car is very nice. Forgot all my toys for my GoPro at the house(only got a naked GoPro to use in a drone), so I could not film nothing at the reef.

It's illegal to take off and land a drone inside a State Park in Florida, but you can launch and recover from outside the park boundary. I really miss the Caribbean!
Psst - don't tell nobody!:oops:

Last edited:
Nice! I did some shooting in Key Largo and Marathon in January - wanted to get down to Bahia Honda but didn't have the time.

Nice! I did some shooting in Key Largo and Marathon in January - wanted to get down to Bahia Honda but didn't have the time.

Did some shots in Marathon too ( that's where we are staying), which is definitely not legal because of an airport right in the middle of this little town. I knew about it but still wanna quick shot of the resort from the top - of course was approached by the resort personnel and asked to land it down.

Reactions: Dulcimer Drone
Did some shots in Marathon too ( that's where we are staying), which is definitely not legal because of an airport right in the middle of this little town. I knew about it but still wanna quick shot of the resort from the top - of course was approached by the resort personnel and asked to land it down.

If you call, they're very cool. Not a lot of traffic at that airport, and they'll even ask you what kind of rig you're flying. :) It might've helped that I was down near Craig's Key at the end of the 7 Mile Bridge. Here's my footage from that trip:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's some nice shots, excellent editing too. I see you did some work there, not like me taking a shortcut by using the YouTube build in editor. Gonna miss this place - have to leave tomorrow.

Reactions: Dulcimer Drone
That's some nice shots, excellent editing too. I see you did some work there, not like me taking a shortcut by using the YouTube build in editor. Gonna miss this place - have to leave tomorrow.

Thanks! I'd been flying a month, so I've gotten better with my panning and tilting. :D Post was done in Final Cut Pro X. Safe travels!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40