bad throttle stick (Controller) - Calibration doesnt work

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a solo with a bad throttle stick - tried the calibration fix that was proposed but it doesn't work.. still get the error.

What are my options other than 3DR warranty? Is this a DIY fix to swap out the stick from the controller?

-R

not that I am aware of, so far everyone I know has been able to correct it with a calibration

When I run stick calibration the throttle values end up being widely different every time, also the range is much smaller than the other controls, sometimes as low as 200 between min and max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a 'Control stick error" that shows up on the controller - allegedly in flight - if there is a fatal error. If that happens it says to submit a ticket. Regardless, 3DR won't send internal electronic parts to consumers. A few here have tried.

Hi,

I have a solo with a bad throttle stick - tried the calibration fix that was proposed but it doesn't work.. still get the error.

What are my options other than 3DR warranty? Is this a DIY fix to swap out the stick from the controller?

-R

@eswaroop,

The stick is held in by 4 screws and a 6 pin df13 connector. You'll have to apply a little hot glue to tuck down the cable after install. Are you in USA? I can probably ship you one stick for $12.50. PM me if you're interested.

When I fly, I only use pitch and roll so I dont need the throttle or yaw controller. :)

20170116_095618.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421