Awaiting my solo in South Carolina

$20 for a charger is good. Then you can charge both batteries at same time. Go to B&H Photo- search 3DR accessories- they have some decent deals on odds and ends.
Sounds good man,thanks!.. haven't shopped there before but I have heard of B&h ..I've heard they were a pretty good shop.

Located in New York City- they have a lot of different electronic components there- great customer service and fast and sometimes free delivery. They are closed for a bunch of religious holidays... but I just deal with it. I can’t think of anything bad to say about B&H!!

Reactions: overdriver999
Located in New York City- they have a lot of different electronic components there- great customer service and fast and sometimes free delivery. They are closed for a bunch of religious holidays... but I just deal with it. I can’t think of anything bad to say about B&H!!
Sounds great I'll keep them in mind..always good to have an alternative to eBay and Amazon which is where I tend to shop mostly not that there's anything wrong with that.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED! I charged the battery and the controller but tell you the truth I'm a little scared as to where to start

Attachments

• 20171017_145127_HDR.jpg
    20171017_145127_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20171017_145215.jpg
    20171017_145215.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 7
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED! I charged the battery and the controller but tell you the truth I'm a little scared as to where to start
Sweet dude!...I haven't gotten mine yet but I know for a fact I'm gonna be the same way.. overwhelmed..it looks intimidating from all the reading I've been doing about this drone..I'm gonna be scared to fly the thing...even though i know how to fly "regular" drones..I think this solo is gonna be a little different at first..I wish you luck and have fun.!.I'm glad it arrived.

Sweet dude!...I haven't gotten mine yet but I know for a fact I'm gonna be the same way.. overwhelmed..it looks intimidating from all the reading I've been doing about this drone..I'm gonna be scared to fly the thing...even though i know how to fly "regular" drones..I think this solo is gonna be a little different at first..I wish you luck and have fun.!.I'm glad it arrived.
Thanks and it really isn't the same this thing's heavy it really looks like it's made well compared to those toys I have sitting up on the table over there I really am intimidated by it since I bought it second-hand I want to test it out make sure everything is right but I don't really know where to start with that guess I'm go do some reading and good luck to you you'll love it I'm sure

Thanks and it really isn't the same this thing's heavy it really looks like it's made well compared to those toys I have sitting up on the table over there I really am intimidated by it since I bought it second-hand I want to test it out make sure everything is right but I don't really know where to start with that guess I'm go do some reading and good luck to you you'll love it I'm sure
Thanks man..it looks really good..and yes that's all I've been doing is watching videos and reading everything I can in this forum to gain the knowledge that I know I'm gonna need

Soon to be a new solo owner here..just browsing through this massive amount of info here about the solo while I wait for it to be shipped..I've ordered the Nexus 7 tablet 2nd gen based on the amount of folks raving about it here..didn't want to use my phone and wanted a device dedicated to the solo only..been watching many videos on the tube about solo,and basically just flying my "toy" drones while I wait...i have installed the uav forecast app and my yard is a good area to fly in.. app says it has 16 sats locked in on the app at least,dont know if that means the solo will have the same.. it is a revision B board btw ...thanks for having me here and for all the great info..the solo seems like it's gonna be its own animal all by itself..not like the syma toys/hobby grade I'm used to..sorry for the long intro..cheers!
Well she has arrived!..and boy is she smokin hot too..I'm gonna be scared to death to fly once I get everything all charged and set up..gonna start the charging process shortly and it will probably be tomorrow at the earliest before I will have time to take her out though..brand new and supposed to have rev B GPS board..I'm happy so far just from the looks of things...in the meantime,ill keep reading but I'm sure some questions will follow at some point so be prepared for that..thanks for all the help thus far everyone!
e936e9ebc05b8b471c06cdccdc3ec408.jpg
be394e7083531a92afcd0f95ea380eba.jpg

On your first flight take it SLOW. Get acquainted with how she flies. Shes a very responsive bird and is capable of high speed but stick to the factory limited settings for the first few flights. Also practice flying in manual mode. Good to have skills if you ever have an emergency and lose gps.

On your first flight take it SLOW. Get acquainted with how she flies. Shes a very responsive bird and is capable of high speed but stick to the factory limited settings for the first few flights. Also practice flying in manual mode. Good to have skills if you ever have an emergency and lose gps.
That sounds like just what I have in mind.. hopefully I will have an opportunity to put it in the air tomorrow or the next day..and probably will just be taking off and landing until I get the feel for this caliber of bird and learning how all the buttons react and how responsive the sticks are..I actually tried the flight sim in the app to get a feel for the controller as well..and I did do the updates that the app prompted me to do and sent them to the appropriate places also before doing anything.

Soon to be a new solo owner here..just browsing through this massive amount of info here about the solo while I wait for it to be shipped..I've ordered the Nexus 7 tablet 2nd gen based on the amount of folks raving about it here..didn't want to use my phone and wanted a device dedicated to the solo only..been watching many videos on the tube about solo,and basically just flying my "toy" drones while I wait...i have installed the uav forecast app and my yard is a good area to fly in.. app says it has 16 sats locked in on the app at least,dont know if that means the solo will have the same.. it is a revision B board btw ...thanks for having me here and for all the great info..the solo seems like it's gonna be its own animal all by itself..not like the syma toys/hobby grade I'm used to..sorry for the long intro..cheers!
WOW..oh my goodness...finally was able to put her in the wind today and that was so satisfying...that bird can dance.
Took it nice and easy ..took off and landed a few times..had a nice feed on the tablet with the sjcam..had 12 satellites or so..great signal.. practiced what the buttons do..changed a few settings in the app..just getting myself comfortable with the rig basically..and it was great.. everything went smoothly and just perfect really..of course gonna keep it somewhat calm until i get fully used to everything cuz I know it may not always go as perfect as today did..but all in all..a great experience!..you guys were right!..and this forum is a great place..thank you all for having me here..I plan to stay a while.

Reactions: jimloss

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig