Autopilot Firmware Upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.5.3

According to my conversation with 3DR support today, you have to factory reset both the solo, and the controller. Delete the app and reinstall forcing the 1.3 update again.

Seems like the big hammer approach. I wonder why they did not just tell you to copy from /firmware/loaded or download and install the 1.3.1 release from the Git repository...

According to my conversation with 3DR support today, you have to factory reset both the solo, and the controller. Delete the app and reinstall forcing the 1.3 update again.

dml931,

I don't believe that is correct. I had 1.5.2 installed. I copied 1.3.1 back into /firmware folder & rebooted Solo.... I did just that & then booted everything back up & I checked the System info with the Solo App.... and it stated that the Ardupilot is 1.3.1.....

Can anyone else confirm this to be true......???

Reactions: n8lbv
dml931,

I don't believe that is correct. One can copy 1.3.1 back into /firmware folder & reboot Solo.... I did just that & then booted everything back up & I checked the System info with the Solo App.... and it stated that the Ardupilot is 1.3.1.....

Can anyone else confirm this to be true......???
Yes, that is all that is needed. You can put any version in there to load it. I went all the way back to 1.24 when doing some testing.

Reactions: n8lbv
My understanding is that 1.5.2 has the same 'esc related risk' as 1.5.3? correct?
Only change in 1.5.3 is the audio tones?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the smoking gun. The video 3DR does not want us to see. The video in which we attempt to determine the significance of the mot_thst_max associated with the 1870 saturation point and witness the complete destruction of the Solo ESC when the saturation point is reached....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the smoking gun. The video 3DR does not want us to see. The video in which we attempt to determine the significance of the mot_thst_max associated with the 1870 saturation point and witness the complete destruction of the Solo ESC when the saturation point is reached....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks but sorry the video had no meaning nor showed/proved absolutely nothing to me (a newb)
Please explain what is being shown here.

I can only guess but completely confused.
And then first comment says it's a joke so of course even more confused.
Thanks.

But yes... put a prop. on it clamp it down in a vise wear some face protection stand back and run it up for 3-4 minutes.

Yes, it was a joke I think. But in all seriousness, it doesn't actually prove or disprove anything without the load of a propeller on it.

I am really liking the new distance based intelligent battery failsafe more and more. It is kicking in and landing itself with 8% to 10% remaining on a consistent basis. I've "let it happen" probably 8 or 9 times now and it has done it right every time. I think this will help me not abuse my batteries. I've learned to trust it, and if it starts coming home, I let it.

If I'm going to be doing something where I do not want the shot to be interrupted by the failsafe, I have a flight profile on Solex that will disable it and put the responsibility entirely on me.

Yes, it was a joke I think. But in all seriousness, it doesn't actually prove or disprove anything without the load of a propeller on it.

I am really liking the new distance based intelligent battery failsafe more and more. It is kicking in and landing itself with 8% to 10% remaining on a consistent basis. I've "let it happen" probably 8 or 9 times now and it has done it right every time. I think this will help me not abuse my batteries. I've learned to trust it, and if it starts coming home, I let it.

If I'm going to be doing something where I do not want the shot to be interrupted by the failsafe, I have a flight profile on Solex that will disable it and put the responsibility entirely on me.

What is your battery failsafe settings for it to land at 8%-10% left on battery?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela