At least the Solo doesn't send your data to the Chinese Gov't

Reaction score
Just saw this on FB. This is pretty shocking. What's to stop them from sending in YOUR data no matter where you live? Well, nothing! Are you sure they aren't already? What a great way for China to not have to use their own drones for spying over foreign countries! Just use their domestic toys to do it for them! This is sickening, and almost unbelievable.

Drone-Maker DJI Willing to Share Data With China

Wow, if that is true seems our Government would want to ban that product here as a matter of national security
Who the heck knows what is going on these days, A while back I read a story about Hardrives manufactured in China that were found to be shipping with hidden partitions that no one understood what they were doing but was suspect

The Chinese government has a million man army doing nothing 24/7/365 but attempting to hack, cheat, steal, and mine any data they can from the United States and other countries. Government data, corporate data, personal data, doesn't matter. Using any method you can think of. Email, hacking, in-person plants, devices embedded in kitchen equipment, you name it. If information exists, they want to steal, use it, and sell it. I would fully expect that DJI's products are collecting data which is reported back to the manufacturer, which is reported back to the government. Along with many other products and software that come from there.

Call me paranoid, but that is one of the main reasons why I left DJI. Honestly I believe they have been providing some data to the state since P2. People over look that wiz-bang features that are processed via the smart phone, the sky is the limit for what they can mine from your device. Actually the platform couldn't run with out your phone....bunch of sheople. :rolleyes:

It is only for users inside China's grip. Nothing new with them, they have always controlled all aspects of technology.
No worries for the rest of the world... yet.

It is only for users inside China's grip. Nothing new with them, they have always controlled all aspects of technology.
No worries for the rest of the world... yet.

LOL. You think they only data mine their own citizens? hahaha.

LOL. You think they only data mine their own citizens? hahaha.
Of course not, but do I think they are capturing the recordings beautiful vistas or GPS locations from the rest of the world... highly doubtful. How would that work? I fly, I take pics, I offload them to my computer all without the help of the internet... so how exactly would they get my info again? o_O

Until it connects to the internet, at which point anything it has collected and stored can be sent. I'm not suggesting they're watching your video. I'm suggesting they can and would use it as a means to data mine world wide if the opportunity presented itself.

Until it connects to the internet, at which point anything it has collected and stored can be sent. I'm not suggesting they're watching your video. I'm suggesting they can and would use it as a means to data mine world wide if the opportunity presented itself.

This is how they'really updating their Baidu maps, and preparing for the nuke strikes...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000