Arming solo in manual mode

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to arm solo in manual mode when you first turn it on? I turn solo on, and when it gets a GPS lock and goes through the preflight calibration, it will then let me switch to manual. I want to ARM solo in manual when i first turn it on and be able to take off. I want to do this assuming that solo is level, but maybe moving a little.

Does anyone know how to arm solo in manual mode when you first turn it on? I turn solo on, and when it gets a GPS lock and goes through the preflight calibration, it will then let me switch to manual. I want to ARM solo in manual when i first turn it on and be able to take off. I want to do this assuming that solo is level, but maybe moving a little.
Press the button for manual mode. Then hold the left stick all the way down and to the right for about 5sec to arm.

Reactions: Arrecife
ya, that does not work until solo goes through the pre arm gps lock..then it gives you the option to go to manual. I want to go to manual while it is still searching for GPS and be able to take off.

ya, that does not work until solo goes through the pre arm gps lock..then it gives you the option to go to manual. I want to go to manual while it is still searching for GPS and be able to take off.

Why? Not a wise choice, Solo determines a home point based on a proper GPS signal. If you were to arm and take off without a GPS/Home fix the home point would be wherever Solo acquired the GPS fix and that could be over water or..... If you lost connection to the controller Solo could RTH to the random GPS home point.

I always wait for GPS lock and a valid home point before I take off.

If you map one of your buttons to manual you can switch modes and bypass all that waiting
it will still aquire a GPS lock when it can, but will not prevent arming and take off

Why? Not a wise choice, Solo determines a home point based on a proper GPS signal. If you were to arm and take off without a GPS/Home fix the home point would be wherever Solo acquired the GPS fix and that could be over water or..... If you lost connection to the controller Solo could RTH to the random GPS home point.

I always wait for GPS lock and a valid home point before I take off.
yes, exactly. That is the risk i am willing to take to get it launched over water in the middle of nowhere.

If you map one of your buttons to manual you can switch modes and bypass all that waiting
it will still aquire a GPS lock when it can, but will not prevent arming and take off
Great. I have my B button set as manual stabilize. When i turn solo on, the controller always says (waiting for solo), until it gets the GPS lock. If i throttle down and hit the B button, nothing happens until it gets the GPS lock. Do you have another way to do this before that happens?

Usually the controller only says "Waiting on Solo" while it is establishing the connection. It may need additional time to find enough satellites for a solid lock. This is the time you should be able to hit manual and take off without lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Copy. Thanks. Ill Try to link up and fly before its get enough satellites.

Like said above, on mine, once it gets past "waiting for solo" and goes to "searching for satellites" I can push my A button (setup for manual), and I get "hold fly to start motors" holding fly, the motors start, and with some throttle, I can take off and fly "manual"

You CAN take off without a complete GPS fix, however you need to understand the risks of doing so. When you arm for takeoff, it saves that location as the home location. If there is no GPS fix, it can't save a home location. Now you take off and begin flying around. At some point, it will finally get a GPS fix. When it does, it will save that random location as the home location. It could be over trees, over water, over houses, wherever it happens to be. Now anytime the RTH failsafes kick in, it i will automatically try to land at that new home point, probably crashing into whatever happens to be below it.

Bottom line, if you GPS is not working properly, buy the new 3DR v2 GPS shield or the mRo GPS to fix it.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421